Deadline: 20 March 2018
Special emphasis is given to proposals focusing on women’s rights and gender equality, human rights defenders, the rights of vulnerable and marginalized groups as well as advocacy work related to the rights of these priority groups.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The first KIOS grant is always for a one-year (12 months) or shorter project. Applications requesting funding for longer projects are not eligible.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Types of Projects
Typical human rights projects/programs funded by KIOS include:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Human rights campaigning, lobbying and advocacy
- Human rights monitoring and documentation
- Human rights awareness raising and education
- Providing legal aid and assistance
- Capacity building
- Public interest and strategic litigation
- Improving access to justice
- Improving access to services
- Protection of human rights defenders
- Regional cooperation
- Local civil society organisations, groups and networks working on human rights issues in the geographical areas mentioned below.
- Regional human rights initiatives of civil society actors from the regions mentioned below.
- Please note that each applicant can only submit one application on this call for proposals.
- Organisations that have previously received KIOS funding can apply, but only after the previous project funded by KIOS has been completed.
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
Interested applicants must download the application form and send it via email at the address given on the website.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
- In Eastern Africa:
- In South Asia:
For more information, please visit KIOS Call for Proposals.