Deadline: 20 March 2018
Special emphasis is given to proposals focusing on women’s rights and gender equality, human rights defenders, the rights of vulnerable and marginalized groups as well as advocacy work related to the rights of these priority groups.
The first KIOS grant is always for a one-year (12 months) or shorter project. Applications requesting funding for longer projects are not eligible.
Types of Projects
Typical human rights projects/programs funded by KIOS include:
- Human rights campaigning, lobbying and advocacy
- Human rights monitoring and documentation
- Human rights awareness raising and education
- Providing legal aid and assistance
- Capacity building
- Public interest and strategic litigation
- Improving access to justice
- Improving access to services
- Protection of human rights defenders
- Regional cooperation
- Local civil society organisations, groups and networks working on human rights issues in the geographical areas mentioned below.
- Regional human rights initiatives of civil society actors from the regions mentioned below.
- Please note that each applicant can only submit one application on this call for proposals.
- Organisations that have previously received KIOS funding can apply, but only after the previous project funded by KIOS has been completed.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must download the application form and send it via email at the address given on the website.
- In Eastern Africa:
- In South Asia:
For more information, please visit KIOS Call for Proposals.