Deadline: 10 February 2020
Are you a girl or young woman with an idea for making change in your community? Are you a girl or young woman with a group or an initiative in your community that is organizing to achieve the change you envision? Are you an organization that runs a community-based initiative with programming by and for girls? If yes, then apply for a VIVA girl grant!
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Funding Amount and Length
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
MADRE supports initiatives through grants (financial support) of $100 to $20,000 US dollars. They provide flexible financial support that can be used for general support and/or projects, to be used over a period of 12 months. At month 9, they will review progress with the grantees (successful applicants) to discuss possible project and funding renewal.
Eligibility Criteria and Funding Priorities
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Eligible applicants must meet ALL of the following criteria to apply for a VIVA Girls Grant (Financial Support):
- Be a community-based group or individual that:
- Works with girls and young women (up to age 30) who identify as Afro-descendant, disabled, Indigenous and/or LGBTIQ, and those from communities confronting climate crisis, war, conflict, disaster and their aftermath.
- Is based in VIVA Girls geographic regions: Africa, Asia, Middle East, Latin America and the Caribbean, and the Pacific.
- Is looking for financial support (a grant) for a community project that works to meet immediate needs and also creates solutions to community challenges.
- Has an annual operating budget under $100,000 US dollars.
- Plans to implement, or is currently implementing work that aims to:
- Build a Just Peace – preventing, surviving, and recovering from war, to create lasting peace.
- Advance Climate Justice – defending against climate crisis and advocating for just economic and environmental policies.
- End Gender Based Violence – confronting abuses and creating protections for women, girls, and LGBTIQ people.
In addition to meeting all of the above criteria, priority will be given to:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Community-based groups or individuals that:
- Are led by people who identify as girls or young women (up to age 30).
- Are applying for grants (financial support) for the first or second time with little or no access to funding from larger donors.
VIVA Girls DOES NOT fund:
- Capital projects (long-term projects that involve building or purchasing a building, land, office, furniture, equipment, etc.);
- Scholarships, research, internships, school fees, fellowships;
- Groups or organizations that discriminate on the basis of age, religion, sex, race/ethnicity, disability, class or sexual orientation;
- Proposals submitted by government institutions, political organizations or religious groups (or groups that are structurally or financially dependent on these);
- Work based in regions that are not their geographic priorities outlined above.
For more information, visit https://www.madre.org/viva-girls-call-proposals
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.