Deadline: 13 March 2020
medica mondiale’s Grants Program funds women-led organisations in war and conflict zones. medica mondiale provides support to women’s organisations working at the local, regional or national level to protect and promote the rights of women and girls affected by sexualised and gender based violence.
The call for proposal aims at improving the situation of women and girls affected by sexualized and gender-based violence perpetrated during or after the war in the region.
They encourage project proposals in the following thematic areas:
- Empowering women and girls affected by sexualised and gender-based violence by providing trauma-sensitive direct services including psychosocial counselling, medical care, legal advice, and / or income generating activities.
- Advocacy, awareness raising and networking activities related to preventing sexualised and gender-based violence against women in Iraq, and / or related to women’s civic and political participation, peace building and transitional justice for survivors of (S)GBV.
- Grants are awarded up to 10.000 Euro per project.
- The project duration is maximum one year (12 months).
- Only one grant per year will be given to any organization.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Organisations must fulfil the following criteria:
- directed and led by women
- having as primary mission the protection and promotion of women’s rights with these goals clearly reflected in their work
- working on issues directly related to medica mondiale’s theme: combating and preventing sexualized and gender based violence against women in war and conflict zones.
- supporting women and girls regardless of ethnicity, religion, political belief, sexual orientation, social status, or age.
- working for social structural change to end violence against women.
- actively include the perspectives of the women and girls they support.
- working in collaboration with others in the human and women’s rights movement.
- formally registered as non-governmental and non-profit organisations.
- medica mondiale does not fund individuals, scholarships, organisations founded or led by government entities or political parties.
How to Apply
Applications can be submitted in German or English, via e-mail at the address given on the website.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, visit https://www.medicamondiale.org/en/what-we-do/grants-program.html