Deadline: 31 March 2020
This grant is funded by sales of the limited edition prints of “Awakening,” a painting by Canadian artist David Alexander Risk. They thank him for donating this painting to WICC, and their board for its vision to use this gift to benefit Indigenous women in Canada.
- Addressing gender-based violence
- Economic justice, health
- Cultural education
- Child welfare
Awakening grants range between CDN$500 and CDN$2000, depending on availability of funds.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- The growth of Indigenous languages and cultures
- Awareness of underlying causes of suffering
- Empowerment of women
- The ability of women to develop their full potential
- Culturally safe education and training for Indigenous women
- An organization in Canada supporting Indigenous women and children.
- A valid registered charity number from the Canada Revenue Agency.
- A project to benefit an Indigenous community in Canada.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants can download the application form via given website.
For more information, visit https://wicc.org/grant-programs/awakening-grant/
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.