Nominations are now open for the Women of Achievement Award to recognize the contributions of historical (deceased) Iowa women who made outstanding and lasting contributions to the citizens of Iowa or have advanced the well-being of others throughout the world.
Nominees will be selected on merit, not endorsement, in the following areas:
- Lasting contributions made by the nominee.
- Nominee served as a role model or change agent.
- Impacted the social, cultural, economic or political well-being of the community, state or nation.
- Inspired future generations.
Nominees will be historical (deceased) women who fall into one of the following:
- Were born in Iowa;
- Achieved prominence within Iowa;
- Had been a resident of Iowa for an extended period after achieving prominence elsewhere.
- All nominations will be reviewed by a committee of community judges and up to three (3) awards will be presented annually to be commemorated at the Iowa Women of Achievement Bridge with honorary plaques.
- Any person or group may submit a nomination. Incomplete forms or a single form nominating more than one person will not be considered. Please note that no materials will be returned to the nominator, so do not submit any irreplaceable documents. If your candidate is chosen as an award recipient, a portrait photo will be requested of you.
For more information, visit https://www.wlcglobal.org/awards/women-achievement