The Global Environment Facility (GEF) Small Grants Programme (SGP) Nigeria is seeking proposals for the Catalytic Indigenous Peoples’ and Community Conserved Territories and Areas (ICCA) Initiative Grant Program and selection of Catalytic Grant Organization.
The purpose of the Catalytic ICCA Initiative is to set the foundation and vision of the ICCA GSI activities and ensure its successful implementation in the target countries, including Nigeria.
The Catalytic ICCA Initiative will be facilitated by a National Catalytic Organization (NCO) selected through this call for proposals to be reviewed and approved by the SGP National Steering Committee (NSC)
The successful NCO will support the SGP Country Team to successfully carry out the ICCA-GSI activities in the country. The SGP Country Team will play the lead role and steer the implementation of the Catalytic ICCA Initiative and ICCA-GSI activities in the country.
- SGP Nigeria is calling for grant proposals for a maximum budget of US$ 50,000 for the Catalytic ICCA Initiative in the country.
- The engagement of NCOs is expected to last from 24 to 36 months depending on the country context.
The applying organisation must be a registered national non-government organisation (NGO) with not less than three (3) years of experience in environmental and biodiversity conservation, and have:
- Demonstrated commitment to protect and defend territories and areas conserved by indigenous peoples and local communities (ICCAs);
- Knowledge and awareness of biodiversity conservation efforts at the national level;
- Experience in organizing and hosting consultations and capacity development activities with indigenous peoples and local communities;
- Capacity to produce high quality written reports according to deadlines;
- Familiarity with key issues related to the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD), especially as they relate to indigenous peoples and local communities, considered an advantage.
For more information, visit https://sgpnigeria.org/call-for-proposal/