The Digital Frontiers Institude (DFI) is seeking applications for the Gender Equality Changemakers Programme that aims to mobilise a league of gender equity champions across the Global South.
The 5 part programme is an immersive learning experience which will equip you with the knowledge, tools, attitudes and practice needed to undertake gender equality change projects, ignite change in your organisation, and beyond that, have a significant impact in addressing inequalities at a systems level.
This programme is taking the gender equity conversation in Africa to new and exciting places. It calls for people who are brave and willing to take risks: to ask difficult questions and explore new terrain. If you are this person, then this programme is for you.
The Gender Equality Changemakers Programme (“Programme”) entails the discussion of sensitive content, including relating to gender, sex, and/or gender expression. The views and opinions expressed in relation to the Programme, including (but not limited to) the views expressed by Digital Frontiers NPC’s (“DF”) staff, the Programme participants, the study materials and/or affiliated persons, do not necessarily reflect the official views, policy or position of DF. The Programme is not intended to malign any religion, nationality, ethnic group, club, culture, organisation, company and/or individual in any way. DF shall not be held liable for any loss or damage of any kind arising from any participation in or affiliation with the Programme and/or reliance on any information disclosed in respect of the Programme.
- Take certified courses focused on leading gender transformative change, designed by renowned experts and thought leaders.
- Build your knowledge, gain applicable skills, and tap into the confidence you need to improve your organisation and advance gender equality in your sector.
- Courses are offered online and delivered through a combination of self-directed work and interactive faculty-led live sessions.
Duration: 4 Weeks
Is this course for you?
- Understanding key terms and concepts related to gender is important for meaningfully engaging in the work of promoting gender equity. To understand how gender stereotypes uphold patriarchal structures and contribute to gender inequality, they need to grasp social aspects of gender. This course is the first step in becoming aware of gender within society, recognising gender stereotyping in the workplace, and learning how to work for gender equality.
What are the intended outcomes?
- The objective of this course is to help you understand key gender concepts, analyse the impact of gender socialisation, introduce you to intersectionality, unpack gender equity and gender equality and highlight gender dynamics in your work life.
- This programme has two distinct tracks, one for gender equality changemakers and one for gender equality champions.
- For the Changemakers
- Five consecutive courses designed for female or male senior and mid-level managers or professionals in the private, public, development or NGO sector who have the drive and initiative to advance gender equality in their organisation.
- For the Champions
- A standalone course for Senior Level Executives (C-Suite) who wish to become gender champions in their organisations. The Leading Equitable Organisations course guides students through personal reflection and authentic dialogue among peers on gender issues and the practice of leadership, helping them uncover how they can foster more equitable organisations.
For more information, visit DFI.