The Government of Finland has launched the International Gender Equality Prize now for the fourth time.
The International Gender Equality Prize can be awarded to an individual person, who will donate the prize to an organisation that has made significant contributions towards promoting gender equality in a globally significant way.
The award honours work in the field of gender equality and will be presented to individuals who have, by their example, advanced equality among genders.
- The primary goal of the International Gender Equality Prize is to create a platform for the further promotion of gender equality across the world. To achieve this aim, the prize is given to “a distinguished defender and builder of equality,” as the organisers phrase it.
- The prize amounts EUR 300,000.
Recipient of the Prize
- The recipient of the prize is a person or an organisation who has promoted gender equality in an internationally recognised way.
- There are no restrictions on the nationality of the recipient.
- The prize is a monetary award but it is not granted for the personal benefit of the recipient.
- Instead, the recipient identifies a cause or project that is aimed at strengthening the position of women and that will be the beneficiary of the prize amount.
- Anyone is welcome to propose a candidate to the prize jury for consideration.
- Nominations must be written in English.
- All relevant information must be included in the form; additional information sent separately will not be accepted.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- The collected data will be deleted after the prize award gala at the end of 2023.
For more information, visit Government of Finland.