The ServeNebraska is pleased to launch a call for nominations for the Step Forward Awards to recognize these outstanding people and groups for their time and service.
- Adult Volunteer: An individual, who, age 19 or over, has demonstrated outstanding volunteer service
- Youth Volunteer Leadership: An individual, who, aged 18 or under, has demonstrated outstanding volunteer service. This individual may hold leadership roles in student organizations, student councils, or student service clubs where they have demonstrated exemplary leadership skills.
- Volunteer Group: A group of volunteers who have served together on a common project that has impacted their community. The nominees in this category strive to make communities better places to live through a variety of activities or by focusing on one issue of primary importance in their community.
- Corporate Community Volunteer: Corporations and businesses that excel in community involvement and demonstrated excellent corporate citizenship by giving back to their community in a variety of ways. Equal consideration will be given to both large and small businesses, top nominees will be selected.
- National Service: An individual or group currently serving in a National Service program in Nebraska. This individual or group demonstrates outstanding effort to increase the quality of life in one or more communities in the state. Nominees may be serving through AmeriCorps, VISTA, AmeriCorps Seniors (Foster Grandparents, Senior Companions, and RSVP), or Social Innovation.
- Veteran Volunteer: An individual who served honorably on active duty in the armed forces of the United States and has demonstrated outstanding volunteer service during and after active duty.
- Disaster Volunteer: An individual or group that has demonstrated exceptional commitment to volunteerism by helping with a special project or ongoing activities, in preparation for or during times of disaster. Many Nebraskans have served in this capacity this year. Several top nominees will be recognized.
- Community Media Partner: Media outlets that excel in the community through their involvement and demonstrate excellent community support by giving back to their community in various and creative ways.
- Senior Volunteer: Individuals 65 or older who are taking action to make their community a better place. These individuals share their many years of experience and are role models for others to serve and volunteer.
- Lifetime Achievement: This award is the most prestigious state-level honor volunteers can receive; the people selected are those who have forever changed their community, the state, the nation, or the world with their volunteer service and action.
This year the Step Forward Awards will be held Friday, October 22, 2021, at the Nebraska Innovation Campus in Lincoln, NE.
Award winners will be thoughtfully selected by the governor in tribute to the significant contributions made within the state through volunteerism.
For more information, visit https://www.serve.nebraska.gov/what-we-do/step-forward-awards-nomination.html