UNESCO and France 2023 are inviting the most creative amateur photographers to join the photo contest “Celebrating our Differences”.
UNESCO’s Social and Human Sciences Sector and France 2023 are joining forces to celebrate diversity and harness the power of rugby to foster more inclusive societies.
Aimed at promoting rugby’s core values outside the field, it is a call for everyone to fight against any form of discrimination in and through sport. With racism and inequalities on the rise globally, this contest is an opportunity to illustrate the power of art and sport to raise awareness about this issue, break down stereotypes, and support more inclusive societies.
- Submitted photos must illustrate at least one of the following themes. Participants can submit one photo per theme, for a total of four photos.
- Rugby for all genders, to highlight diversity and gender equality.
- Rugby to foster inclusion of people with disabilities.
- Rugby to tackle discrimination, to fight against racism and LGBTI-phobia.
- The differences make us stronger, to celebrate physical, social, cultural and generational differences.
Winners of the Contest
- UNESCO will select a total of 16 winners, distributed in three winners per theme (one winner per category) and one “Coup de cœur Canon” per theme chosen from all the categories.
- The winners will:
- Have their photo exhibited at UNESCO Headquarters in the summer of 2023 and in the host cities of the World Cup. The photos will also be published online on the websites and social media platforms of UNESCO and France 2023.
- Receive one UNESCO photobook, one Canon camera, and one voucher for the France 2023 official store.
- Any person willing to highlight the values of rugby can participate, in one of the three following categories:
- Under 18 years old;
- From 18 to 30 years old
- Over 30 years old.
- Professional photographers are not allowed to participate in the contest.
- Late submissions will not be considered.
Rules of the Contest
- The photos must have been taken in 2022 or 2023: the month, the year, and the theme of the photo must be specified by the participants.
- The photos must be exclusive and not have previously been promoted in other contests or circumstances.
- Participation is strictly personal.
- The photographer must hold the rights to the content submitted.
- Any photo that offends the dignity of persons or is defamatory, violent, sexual, racist or insulting will be automatically eliminated and its author will be prohibited from participating in the contest.
- The photos must not promote any commercial brand, except for the equipment manufacturers of the persons represented.
- No member of UNESCO, France 2023 (except Campus apprentices) or having family ties with a member of the jury is allowed to participate in the contest.
- Photo montages
- Signatures on the photos
- Photos created with the help of artificial intelligence.
For more information, visit UNESCO.