The Africa Youth in Tourism Innovation Summit (AYTIS) in collaboration with the United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) has launched the Youth in Tourism Innovation Challenge.
This is an exclusive platform being provided to innovative African youth in travel and tourism looking for funding, partnership and mentorship opportunities to present their projects to the global market place in order to find the required support for their programmes.
- $1000.00 grant seed for the winner.
- $500.00 grant seed for 1st & 2nd runner up.
- Complimentary enrolment for short courses provided by UNWTO.
- Mentorship, partnership, potential funding support and career opportunities.
- Opportunity to be part of an established network of Africa Youth in Tourism Mentors and Innovators.
Clearly indicate the following to avoid disqualification:
- The vision, uniqueness, authenticity and rationale.
- Evidence of innovation in travel & tourism or related industry challenge being solved in Africa – COVID 19 era and into the future (such as technological, social entrepreneurship, educational, youth empowerment and job creation, environmental sustainability, community development, etc.)
- The sustainability of the impact of the project on travel and tourism, local communities and/or related industries.
- Timelines for the project.
- The kind of support required – funding, investors, mentorship, partnerships, etc.
- Conclusion/additional, but relevant information of not more than 500 words.
- Competitor required to show a demo/Minimum Viable Product (MVP) (5 min) during the presentation.
- Age limit – 35 years.
For more information, visit AYTIS.