Deadline: 26 August 2019
The Euro-Arab Youth Forum is now open for applications with an aim to foster mutual cooperation and dialogue among European and Arab Youth leaders and representatives of youth associations on topics of shared concern within a framework of commitment to a culture of universal human rights and intercultural dialogue.
The Council of Europe and the League of Arab have agreed to focus their cooperation on the 7th Euro-Arab Youth Forum, which is to be preceded by a study about the impact and results of the cooperation.
The forum should focus on youth, peace and security so as to follow-up on the regional consultation held in Fez with UNFPA and, in particular, to understand and apply the principles of the United Security Council Resolution 2250 on Youth, Peace and Security to Euro-Arab Youth cooperation.
The 7th Euro-Arab Youth Forum will foster the participation of young people and youth organisations in peacebuilding and Euro-Arab cooperation for inclusive societies. Its specific objectives are:
- To share and recognise needs and challenges faced by young people and youth organisations in their work for peacebuilding, security and dialogue;
- To share practices and experiences in peacebuilding for mutual learning;
- To support participants to engage and advocate for their countries to implement the Resolution UN 2250 and in pursuing Sustainable Development Goal 16 (Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions);
- To critically reflect about the role of the Council of Europe, the League of Arab states in implementing 2250 and its principles of action and shaping the future of the cooperation;
- To learn about human rights education as a framework for learning and acting for peace and dialogue.
Methodology and Programme
- The programme will be a combination of workshops based on non-formal learning, working groups for networking and sharing good practices and learning in order to enhance the dialogue and exchange among participants.
- Human rights education and intercultural learning approaches will be the basis for sharing and learning together.
- The programme will offer considerable space for the participants to discuss about the situation of young people in the member states of the League of Arab States and the Council of Europe, with special regard to the resolution UN 2250 on Youth Peace and Security and its relevance for young people in Euro-Arab co-operation.
- The forum will bring together some 100 youth leaders, activists and other stakeholders active in the field of Euro-Arab cooperation in the youth field. The participants recruited through this call must:
- Be resident in a member state of the Council of Europe or state signatory of the European Cultural Convention;
- be aged between 18 to 30 years;
- be able to work in English, a knowledge of French and/or Arabic will be an asset;
- be involved in a youth organisation or youth work project related to Euro-Arab cooperation, peacebuilding and/or to the UN Security Council Resolution 2250;
- be able to share their experiences and ideas and be motivated to take full part in forum actively.
- The Council of Europe welcomes applications from all young people and youth leaders who fulfil the specific criteria of this call irrespective of gender, disability, marital or parental status, racial, ethnic or social origin, religion, belief or sexual orientation.
Please Note: This call concerns applicants from member states of the Council of Europe or signatories of the European Cultural Convention only. Participants from of states member of League of Arab States will be selected through a specific procedure led by the secretariat of the League.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.coe.int/en/web/youth-peace-dialogue/-/call-for-participants-7th-euro-arab-youth-forum-youth-driving-dialogue-for-peace-and-security