Deadline: 26 August 2019
The Euro-Arab Youth Forum is now open for applications with an aim to foster mutual cooperation and dialogue among European and Arab Youth leaders and representatives of youth associations on topics of shared concern within a framework of commitment to a culture of universal human rights and intercultural dialogue.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Council of Europe and the League of Arab have agreed to focus their cooperation on the 7th Euro-Arab Youth Forum, which is to be preceded by a study about the impact and results of the cooperation.
The forum should focus on youth, peace and security so as to follow-up on the regional consultation held in Fez with UNFPA and, in particular, to understand and apply the principles of the United Security Council Resolution 2250 on Youth, Peace and Security to Euro-Arab Youth cooperation.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The 7th Euro-Arab Youth Forum will foster the participation of young people and youth organisations in peacebuilding and Euro-Arab cooperation for inclusive societies. Its specific objectives are:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- To share and recognise needs and challenges faced by young people and youth organisations in their work for peacebuilding, security and dialogue;
- To share practices and experiences in peacebuilding for mutual learning;
- To support participants to engage and advocate for their countries to implement the Resolution UN 2250 and in pursuing Sustainable Development Goal 16 (Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions);
- To critically reflect about the role of the Council of Europe, the League of Arab states in implementing 2250 and its principles of action and shaping the future of the cooperation;
- To learn about human rights education as a framework for learning and acting for peace and dialogue.
Methodology and Programme
- The programme will be a combination of workshops based on non-formal learning, working groups for networking and sharing good practices and learning in order to enhance the dialogue and exchange among participants.
- Human rights education and intercultural learning approaches will be the basis for sharing and learning together.
- The programme will offer considerable space for the participants to discuss about the situation of young people in the member states of the League of Arab States and the Council of Europe, with special regard to the resolution UN 2250 on Youth Peace and Security and its relevance for young people in Euro-Arab co-operation.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- The forum will bring together some 100 youth leaders, activists and other stakeholders active in the field of Euro-Arab cooperation in the youth field. The participants recruited through this call must:
- Be resident in a member state of the Council of Europe or state signatory of the European Cultural Convention;
- be aged between 18 to 30 years;
- be able to work in English, a knowledge of French and/or Arabic will be an asset;
- be involved in a youth organisation or youth work project related to Euro-Arab cooperation, peacebuilding and/or to the UN Security Council Resolution 2250;
- be able to share their experiences and ideas and be motivated to take full part in forum actively.
- The Council of Europe welcomes applications from all young people and youth leaders who fulfil the specific criteria of this call irrespective of gender, disability, marital or parental status, racial, ethnic or social origin, religion, belief or sexual orientation.
Please Note: This call concerns applicants from member states of the Council of Europe or signatories of the European Cultural Convention only. Participants from of states member of League of Arab States will be selected through a specific procedure led by the secretariat of the League.
How to Apply
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
Interested applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.coe.int/en/web/youth-peace-dialogue/-/call-for-participants-7th-euro-arab-youth-forum-youth-driving-dialogue-for-peace-and-security
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.