Deadline extended till 29 February 2020
Want to achieve, lead and live the Sustainable Development Goals? UN Youth Envoy is looking for leaders like you.
Convened by the Secretary-General’s Envoy on Youth, the Young Leaders come together as a community to support efforts to engage young people in the realization of the SDGs both through strategic opportunities with the UN and through their existing initiatives, platforms, and networks.
Every two years, 17 young change-makers are recognized for their leadership and contribution to a more sustainable world.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
On September 19, 2016, the Office of the UN Secretary-General’s Envoy on Youth unveiled the inaugural class of the Young Leaders for the Sustainable Development Goals – 17 young change-makers whose leadership is catalyzing the achievement of the Goals.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
The Young Leaders for the SDGs:
- Leverage and equip young influencers to galvanize their peers and industries in support of the Sustainable Development Goals, especially in sectors, regions or areas with which they have limited existing influence;
- Recognise young people who are leading positive change in their communities and sectors, in support of the Sustainable Development Goals.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
The Young Leaders for the SDGs support one ore more of the following initiatives:
- Advocate for the Goals, in ways most accessible and relatable to young people across different contexts;
- Promote innovative ways of engaging their audiences and peers in the advocacy and realization of the Goals;
- Contribute to a brain trust of young leaders supporting the UN and partners for key moments and initiatives related to the Goals.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Applicants must be between 15 and 29 years old.
- The Young leaders UN is looking for are genuinely leading exceptional initiatives which support the realization of the Sustainable Development Goals. Successful candidates will be selected based on:
- Their demonstrated achievements in promoting and advancing key areas of the Goals
- Their personal influence within their respective fields and reputation for inclusive and innovative leadership
- Their demonstrated integrity, commitment to the SDGs and core values of the UN
Whether or not an applicant is explicitly involved with the SDGs, it is important that they lead an impactful initiative that helps to achieve the Goals and/or galvanize young people in support of the Goals.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
Candidates are scored on aspects such as:
- Leadership – Ability to influence and motivate others
- Innovation – Uniqueness and ingenuity
- Scalability – Potential to benefit others beyond their current scope of influence
- Impact – Measurable outcomes directly linked to their work
- Presentation – Ability to inspire and motivate others through story telling
They are then selected based on:
- Achievement – Demonstrated achievements in promoting and advancing the key areas of the SDGs
- Influence – Personal influence within their respective fields and reputation for inclusive and innovative leadership
- Integrity – Demonstrated integrity, commitment to the SDGs and core values of the United Nations
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, visit http://sdgyl.org/
(Ad) Are you fed up of receiving non-relevant, non-useful and pointless funding alerts and updates in your email? Not anymore! With fundsforNGOs Premium, you can configure what type of funding updates you want to receive, select specific countries and areas of work and receive information only about them. Save your time by getting the most relevant and useful updates in your email. Learn more.