Deadline: 12 May 2016
The Kurita Water and Environment Foundation (KWEF) is seeking applications from ASIAN countries for its Research Grants 2016 to support scientists who are conducting research in their own countries on the conservation and restoration of water resources, which are defined as oceans, surface water and underground water as well as the areas of land adjacent to them.
Any research subject in field of water resources is acceptable, provided that the water area studied is located in the researcher’s home country. Examples of appropriate research subjects are:
- Physical and chemical properties of water
- New technologies for conservation and restoration of water resources (River, Lake, Pond, Discharge etc.)
- New technologies for water measurement and assessment
- Maximum of 300,000 yen per project per year.
- The grant period will be one year, from October 1, 2016 to September 30, 2017.
- The applicant must reside in Asian countries (except Thailand, Indonesia and Vietnam.）
- The applicant must conduct research at university, college, or associated institute.
- The applicant would be 40years old or less.
- The applicant must submit a recommendation letter of “Japanese researcher”.
- These grants are intended to support academic research.
- Programs aimed primarily at generating business profit are not eligible.
How to Apply
Applicants must download the application form via given website and submit required documents:
- Application Form for Research Grant in English or Japanese.
- Recommendation letter of Japanese Researcher in English or Japanese.
For more information, please visit Research Grants.