Deadline: 19 August 2019
The Nuffic is inviting applications for its Food and Nutrition Security Grant Programme with an aim to improve quality of and access to professional education and vocational training relevant for the regional development of the agricultural value chain dairy in Ethiopia, Kenya and Uganda in strong collaboration with the private sector.
The proposed project must contribute to the following objective: contribute to End hunger (SDG 2).
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The following medium-term impact will contribute to this:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Education system (TVET/HE) is of good quality, relevant and accessible (SDG 4);
- Partnerships between persons and organisations are inclusive and sustainable (SDG 17);
- Organisations key to (sectoral) inclusive development of partner countries are strengthened by inflow of enhanced workforce.
The proposed project must contribute to the following long-term impact:
- Reduce malnutrition;
- Promote agricultural growth;
- Create ecologically sustainable food systems.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
This will be achieved by the following outcome:
TVET/HE organisations (in the selected partner countries and in NL) perform better their core tasks, firmly embedded in their environment (in line with country / regional specific labour market needs & aiming at inclusiveness).
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
The following should be addressed:
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
- inclusion of private sector partners and TVET institutions in East Africa and the Netherlands in the development of institutional partnerships;
- the partnerships should encompass a balanced engagement and strengthening of training and education institutions from Ethiopia, Kenya and Uganda;
- increased youth participation in dairy value chains combining agricultural modernisation and innovations in skill-building for young people showing clear impact on employment creation;
- coordination and alignment of interventions with dairy development and food and nutrition security programmes financed by The Embassies of The Kingdom of the Netherlands in Ethiopia, Kenya and Uganda.
Proposed projects should establish stronger participation of the private sector in the following areas:
- definition of occupational standards, occupational competencies and competence based education and training curricula;
- offer of facilities for students and practical training sessions (attachments and internships) including the development of farm and processing facilities for training organisations to ensure that they serve as models of local industries;
- exploration of mechanisms for joint delivery and financing of training programme between TVET institutions, agribusinesses and private sector trainers and advisors;
- facilitation of accreditation of agriculture training programmes based on public-private collaboration with national accreditation mechanisms.
The added value of a regional approach is to improve collaboration and coordination in the support of a regional offer of quality and relevant education and training programmes relevant for East African dairy value chains through:
- regional knowledge sharing;
- sharing of resources from country budgets for education and training development;
- exchange of experiences and best practices;
- establishment of regional networks of excellence between TVET institutes and knowledge and innovation centres;
- comparative and joint programmes with adaptation of innovations, models and new techniques relevant for commercial but also sustainable and climate smart agriculture;
- higher levels of scaling and development impact also in relation to increasing access for young people to skills training and employment creation;
Proposed projects will have to clarify how the added value of collaboration in a regional approach will be achieved.
- Maximum available funding for this call, excluding co-funding: EUR 1,800,000
- Maximum funding per collaboration project, excluding co-funding: EUR 1,800,000
(Ad) Are you fed up of receiving non-relevant, non-useful and pointless funding alerts and updates in your email? Not anymore! With fundsforNGOs Premium, you can configure what type of funding updates you want to receive, select specific countries and areas of work and receive information only about them. Save your time by getting the most relevant and useful updates in your email. Learn more.
- Grant applications and applicants have to meet the minimum criteria to be eligible for a grant. The grant application must be submitted by a Dutch institution for secondary or higher vocational or academic education, or a knowledge institution or organisation in a Country.
- The grant applicant is in a position to provide adequate financial management and, due to its experience and expertise in relation to activities similar to those for which the grant is being requested, can guarantee the targeted and effective performance of the activities to achieve the impact and outcomes as defined in the application; the applicant must submit data in the form of a COCA to enable its capacities to be assessed.
- The grant applicant can function and operate appropriately within the legislation passed by the government in the country or countries in question.
- The project proposal has a minimum duration of one year and a maximum duration of four years, and must be implemented and established by no later than 31 December 2021.
- The grant applied for does not exceed the maximum amount specified in the call for grant applications.
- Any required co-funding is guaranteed.
- The grant application meets any specific financial requirements set out in the call.
- The grant application must be in the compulsory format and meet all criteria and requirements stated in this document.
- The grant application is in line with the CPI of the country concerned.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
(Ad) How will you feel when you view grants for all countries around the world? fundsforNGOs Premium has a World Map of Grants that offers open and live grants for all the countries in one single view. Click on any country, and you can view the latest grants updated in real-time. Learn more.
For more information, visit this link.