Every three years, IFOAM – Organics International, the South Korean Rural Development Administration, and IFOAM’s Technology Innovation Platform join together to honor the most outstanding organic innovators with the Organic Farming Innovation Award (OFIA).
The goal of OFIA is to contribute to solving problems and exploring the potential to increase effectiveness, efficiency, and productivity in organic farming. This in turn improves viability for the environment, plants, animals, and human beings. OFIA highlights exceptional innovations and incentivizes activities among researchers, extension agents, practitioners, and more.
OFIA is awarded in two categories: the Grand Prize and the Science Prize. A committee will select one Grand Prize and one Science Prize winner based on the criteria of innovativeness, relevance, and impact potential.
Each winner will receive a monetary award (Grand Prize: $10,000 USD and Science Prize: $5,000 USD), and be invited to the 20th edition of the Organic World Congress (OWC 2021) to showcase their work!
- They call on the organic movement to bring our attention to the excellent work of organic innovators around the world! All applicants are welcome.
They invite applications on innovations that meet the criteria:
- innovative : are new in their context
- applicability : are applicable to organic farming, processing and trade
- relevant : are relevant for solving real problems or exploring new potentials
- impact potential : have the potential to have a great impact
- Applications can be submitted in English, French, Spanish, German, Mandarin and Korean.
For more information, visit IFOAM – Organics International.
For more information, visit https://www.ifoam.bio/news/call-applications-organic-farming-innovation-award