The Food Systems Game Changers Lab opens the doors for game-changers who have ideas, initiatives, or innovations that have the potential to bring positive change to global food systems—and the passion, grit, collaborative spirit, and determination required to take their solutions forward in partnership with others.
EAT, IDEO, Thought For Food, and The Rockefeller Foundation have joined forces with the organizers of the 2021 UN Food Food Systems Summit to discover and support ideas, enterprises and initiatives that have the potential to transform our world’s food systems.
What Happens Next
- Food Systems Game Changers Lab Phase 2: Solution Cohorts
- The second phase of the Food Systems Game Changers Lab will support the formation of global “Solution Cohorts,” and equip these cohorts with the mindsets, tools, and connections they need to think and act within complex, interconnected food systems.
- The Lab will offer facilitation, learning resources, expert coaching, live sessions, and tailored mentorship programs with global experts in the lead-up to the UN Food Systems Summit and beyond, enabling the cohorts to co-develop Action Agendas for systems change in their respective solution areas. These Action Agendas will be featured in a flagship publication alongside the Summit.
- Food Systems Game Changers Lab Phase 3: Matchmaking alongside the 2021 UN Food Systems Summit
- Phase 3 of the Food Systems Game Changers Lab will support the Solution Cohorts in taking their Action Agendas forward by helping to match them with national, regional, and local governments; corporate partners; investors; and other supporting actors. The goal is for each Solution Cohort to walk away with committed partners with whom they form “Solution Coalitions.”
- Food Systems Game Changers Lab Phase 4: Solution Coalitions
- After the Summit, each newly formed Solution Coalition will evolve and pilot or scale their Action Agendas by simulating, testing, and exploring the application of their particular solution. Identifying and removing the barriers to systems change are the focus of this final, post-Summit phase of the Food Systems Game Changers Lab.
Who can Participate
- There are several qualities that will be crucial throughout the Food Systems Game Changers Lab. They are looking for individuals, teams, and organizations who have ideas, innovations, or initiatives that could contribute to a better food future for everyone, everywhere. They are looking for people who think systemically about feasible actions, which can be sustained over time and would shift the capacity of food systems to advance global goals for people, planet, and prosperity.
- They are also looking for people who have the passion, grit, collaborative spirit, and determination required to take their solutions forward in partnership with others.
- No matter how you’re involved with food—whether you provide, distribute, study, invent, or consume it; advocate for, invest in, make policy around, write about, or design for it—you’re invited to be part of the action. And part of the solution.
- Specifically, they hope to engage participants representing all of the following categories and more:
- Farmers, Ranchers, Herders, Fish and Seafood Producers;
- Food Distributors;
- Food Preparers;
- Food Consumers;
- Food Worker Unions;
- Food Start-ups & Food Entrepreneurs;
- Chefs and Restaurant Workers;
- Civil Society/Non-Profit Organizations;
- Food Researchers;
- Climate and Environmental Researchers and Advocates;
- Food Justice & Food Sovereignty Advocates;
- Food Banks;
- Human Rights Specialists;
- Grassroots Activists;
- Public Institutions;
- Data Scientists, AI Specialists, Software Engineers, Coders;
- Designers, Storytellers, Artists, and Creatives;
- Social Entrepreneurs;
- Consumer Groups/Organizations;
- Technology Companies;
- Companies of all shapes and sizes, from production to consumption and back;
- UN Member State Officials;
- City Officials.
Note: Participants are not required to be registered as a legal entity (company, nonprofit, government) and can submit solutions as an individual or a team.
For more information, visit https://thoughtforfood.org/gamechangerslab/
Great for the open opportunity and hoping will help to create the very food abundance within our communities. May i have the information to apply to or the forms to fill as soon as possible.
For more information regarding eligibility criteria, application process and more, please visit the link provided at the end of the post.