Are you in the challenging position to design, facilitate or participate in complex change partnerships, involving diverse stakeholders? Are you wondering how best to deal with power dynamics and conflicts? How to create social learning processes and enable effective communication between the different actors? The Multi-Stakeholder Partnerships (MSP) course helps you in taking up this challenge!
The Wageningen Centre for Development Innovation (WCDI), part of Wageningen University & Research, is seeking applications for the “Facilitating Multi-Stakeholder Partnerships to Foster Sustainable and Inclusive Food Systems 2021” under Orange Knowledge Programme. The programme starts from 01 November 2021 until 25 February 2022.
The course is highly interactive and builds on the participants’ own experiences and cases. Participatory methodologies and tools, group work and role-plays, as well as fieldwork to explore a real-life Multi-Stakeholder Partnership, will help you learn how to design, plan and facilitate a Multi-Stakeholder Partnership.
Upon completion of the course you will:
- Understand the concepts and rationale of multi-stakeholder partnerships, complexity and institutional change;
- Analyse different types of multi-stakeholder partnerships in terms of the issues at stake, the stakeholders, their interests, (power) relations, conflicts, external context, etc.;
- Discover how to design and plan an extended Multi-Stakeholder Partnership (MSP);
- To practice and learn how to use a broad range of participatory methodologies and tools in MSPs;
- Be challenged on your own facilitation and communication skills
- Date: Mon 1 November 2021 until Fri 25 February 2022
- Duration: Part-time, 12hrs per week (12 weeks)
- Venue: Facilitated online sessions
- They welcome participants, who are involved, or will be involved in future, in the design or facilitation of multi-stakeholder partnerships, or participate in one.
- You may work for an NGO, government, private sector organisation, research facility, university or consultancy.
- Proficiency in English is required.
For more information, visit https://www.wur.nl/en/Research-Results/Research-Institutes/centre-for-development-innovation/online-learning/show/Facilitating-Multi-Stakeholder-Partnerships-to-Foster-Sustainable-and-Inclusive-Food-Systems-1.htm