The Women in Food and Agriculture (WFA) and Alltech are inviting you to apply for 2022 Mentorship Program and join other professionals from around the world as they connect women across the agri-food industry with mentors to champion their career success and help shape the next generation of leaders in the industry.
The mentorship program facilitates meaningful conversations and mutual support while providing a valuable networking experience.
In 2022 with Alltech’s support, they want to take the initiative to the next level including:
- Facilitating more mentorship pairings across the globe and with an inclusive range of backgrounds and sub-sectors.
- Providing additional educational and supportive sessions to guide the pairings through the year.
- A mentor and mentee directory to aid networking amongst all participants.
- They suggest that you meet with your counterpart each month for a 30–60-minute virtual discussion. You and your counterpart are free to discuss a schedule that suits both your schedules.
- WFA will conduct quarterly meetings of about an hour to support the mentors and mentees.
What makes a good mentor?
You do not have to be a senior-level executive (or a woman)! They are looking for people at all levels and backgrounds to provide insights and guidance, and they will ensure that you have more experience than your mentee.
Mentor applicants should:
- Be a good listener
- Be an honest and open person who is willing to share your expertise
- Have at least one year of experience in the food and ag sector
- Be someone who can dedicate 1 hour per month to connect with your counterpart
- Ideally possess some leadership or management experience
Should I be a mentor?
- Be the change you want to see by supporting women in the industry and championing their career progression
- Develop your skills in the area of coaching and managing
- Take the opportunity to reflect on your own development and growth
- Build your own confidence and self-esteem by providing support to others
- Grow connections in the industry
- Experience rewarding interactions and get to know the next generation of leaders of food and ag
- Establish new industry contacts
What they are looking for in mentees?
Mentees are comprised of women who are working within agri-food or exploring a career within the industry.
They welcome people of all career and education levels, and they will ensure that your mentor has the experience to provide you with insightful guidance.
Mentee applicants should be:
- A good listener
- An honest and open person who is willing to accept feedback
- Someone who would benefit from help and support from a senior person in the industry
- Someone who can dedicate 1 hour per month to meeting with a mentor
Should I be a mentee?
As a mentee, you’ll be paired with a mentor who will provide you with advice and support to develop your career. When submitting your application, you are able to select mentor preferences. You should apply to become a mentee if you would like to:
- Gain the support of those who have overcome the same challenges that you face
- Get advice on career progression and how to promote yourself
- Explore new ideas and identify opportunities for yourself
- Build connections in the industry
How will it work?
- They are accepting applications for mentors and mentees. You are invited to submit your application to become a mentor or be mentored – or both!
- Matchmaking will take place in February and you will receive information about your counterpart once all pairings have been arranged. Your first virtual meeting and introductory sessions will be conducted in March.
- They provide suggestions and guidance for conducting your monthly mentorship sessions.
- In fact, you’ll benefit from WFA support and coaching for a year to make the most of this experience! Quarterly discussion sessions and roundtables offer another opportunity to engage with the wider group of participants and receive support throughout the mentorship program.
- Please bear in mind that they have limited capacity in the virtual meeting platform, so they might not be able to match everyone during this round.
- They hope the pairing will also get to meet at the 2022 WFA event when they can go back to face to face large scale meetings.
For more information, visit https://www.wfasummit.com/wfa-mentorship-program/?utm_source=organic_social&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=launch
For more information regarding eligibility criteria, application process and more, please visit: