Deadline: 1 May 2019
Applications are open for the Jean Sainsbury Animal Welfare Trust grant. The Trust invites applications for funding, which are then reviewed against specific criteria, as set by the Trustees in accordance with the objectives of the Trust.
The Trust expects all applicants to be charities registered with the Charity Commission unless their annual income is under £5,000. If applicants are considering a substantial donation or legacy to The Jean Sainsbury Animal Welfare Trust, they could recognize this in the future with an annual donation made in their name to a specific animal welfare charity of their choice.
The Jean Sainsbury Animal Welfare Trust was set up in 1982, by Mrs Jean Beryl Lilian Sainsbury. Since then, the Trust has given over £9 million to animal welfare charities.
The objectives of the Trust are to donate to UK registered charities whose purposes encompass one or more of the following:
- to benefit or protect animals
- to relieve animals from suffering
- to conserve wild life
- to encourage the understanding of animals
The trust will not support
- Applications from individuals.
- Charities registered outside the UK.
- Charities offering sanctuary to animals, with no effort to re-home, foster or rehabilitate unless endangered species.
- Charities that do not have a realistic destruction policy for animals that cannot be given a reasonable quality of life.
- The Trust favours applications from smaller animal welfare charities registered in the UK and working in the UK or abroad.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Country: United Kingdom
For further information, please visit https://www.jeansainsburyanimalwelfare.org.uk/applications/