Deadline: 25 March 2019
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service is seeking applications for its African Elephant Conservation Fund.
The African Elephant Conservation Fund supports projects that promote conservation through:
- Enhanced protection of at-risk elephant populations;
- Efforts to decrease human-elephant conflict;
- Habitat conservation and management;
- Protected area/reserve management in important elephant range;
- Strengthening local capacity to implement conservation programs;
- Trans-frontier elephant conservation;
- Maintaining or restoring connectivity between subpopulations;
- Establishing new wildlife areas and protected corridors;
- Wildlife inspection, law enforcement, and forensics skills;
- Conservation education and community outreach;
- Applied research necessary to inform protection and management, including surveys and monitoring;
- Development and execution of elephant conservation management plans;
- Development of innovative technologies that have the potential to improve elephant protection;
- Compliance with the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES) and other applicable treaties and laws that prohibit or regulate the taking or trade of elephants or regulate the use and management of elephant habitat;
- Reducing demand for and trafficking of illegal ivory products.
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $3,000,000
- Award Ceiling: $250,000
- Award Floor: $25,000
- Qualified individuals; non-profit, non-governmental organizations; public and private institutions of higher education; multi-national secretariats, and range state government agencies with demonstrated experience in elephant conservation are eligible to apply. U.S. non-profit, non-governmental organizations with 501(c)(3) Internal Revenue Status (IRS) must provide a copy of their Section 501(c)(3) status determination letter received from the IRS.
- Applicants must ensure that activities occurring outside the United States are coordinated as necessary with appropriate U.S. and foreign government authorities and that any necessary licenses, permits, or approvals are obtained prior to undertaking proposed activities. The USFWS does not assume responsibility for recipient compliance with the laws and regulations of the country in which the work is to be conducted.
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=313147
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.