Deadline: 15 September 2019
The Biennial of Contemporary African Art, Under the Care of the Ministry of Culture and Communication of the Republic of Senegal is an international artistic event devoted to contemporary visual arts, gathering african artists and of the diaspora around various activities, as well as professionals of contemporary art from all continents.
The Biennial objectives are:
- To support and foster the creativity, promotion and dissemination of the visual arts.
- To promote african visual artists on the international stage.
- To promote the strengthening of the presence of contemporary african art on the international art market.
- Contribute to the development of art critic and publications on contemporary African art and artists.
The prices of the Biennial of Dakar 2020 are:
- The “Grand Prix Léopold Sédar SENGHOR” sponsored by the President of the Republic of Senegal. It is awarded to the winner of the international Exhibition.
- Te Revelation Award offered by the Minister of Culture and Communication to one of the artists participating in the international Exhibition.
- The Organisation Internationale de la Francophonie (OIF) Award.
- The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) Award.
- The West African Monetary and Economic Union (UEMOA) Award
Dates and Contents
The Fourteenth edition of the Biennial of Dakar will take place on June 2020.
Main events are:
- The International Exhibition of African Artists and the Diaspora
- Invited countries ’exhibitions
- Scientific meetings
- Tribute exhibitions;
- Guest Solo Show
- Screenings of films on contemporary African art;
- Performances at the Village of the Biennial and in the city
- Environmental events on private initiatives “Manifestations OFF”
- The publications;
- Urban cultures; – performance, etc
The international Exhibition is open only to african artists and the Diaspora.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Countries: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cape Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Cote d’Ivorie, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit http://biennaledakar.org/language/en/call-for-applications/