Deadline: 15 September 2019
The Biennial of Contemporary African Art, Under the Care of the Ministry of Culture and Communication of the Republic of Senegal is an international artistic event devoted to contemporary visual arts, gathering african artists and of the diaspora around various activities, as well as professionals of contemporary art from all continents.
The Biennial objectives are:
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- To support and foster the creativity, promotion and dissemination of the visual arts.
- To promote african visual artists on the international stage.
- To promote the strengthening of the presence of contemporary african art on the international art market.
- Contribute to the development of art critic and publications on contemporary African art and artists.
The prices of the Biennial of Dakar 2020 are:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- The “Grand Prix Léopold Sédar SENGHOR” sponsored by the President of the Republic of Senegal. It is awarded to the winner of the international Exhibition.
- Te Revelation Award offered by the Minister of Culture and Communication to one of the artists participating in the international Exhibition.
- The Organisation Internationale de la Francophonie (OIF) Award.
- The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) Award.
- The West African Monetary and Economic Union (UEMOA) Award
Dates and Contents
The Fourteenth edition of the Biennial of Dakar will take place on June 2020.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Main events are:
- The International Exhibition of African Artists and the Diaspora
- Invited countries ’exhibitions
- Scientific meetings
- Tribute exhibitions;
- Guest Solo Show
- Screenings of films on contemporary African art;
- Performances at the Village of the Biennial and in the city
- Environmental events on private initiatives “Manifestations OFF”
- The publications;
- Urban cultures; – performance, etc
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
The international Exhibition is open only to african artists and the Diaspora.
How to Apply
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
Applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Countries: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cape Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Cote d’Ivorie, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit http://biennaledakar.org/language/en/call-for-applications/