Deadline: 15 September 2019
The Biennial of Contemporary African Art, Under the Care of the Ministry of Culture and Communication of the Republic of Senegal is an international artistic event devoted to contemporary visual arts, gathering african artists and of the diaspora around various activities, as well as professionals of contemporary art from all continents.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Biennial objectives are:
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- To support and foster the creativity, promotion and dissemination of the visual arts.
- To promote african visual artists on the international stage.
- To promote the strengthening of the presence of contemporary african art on the international art market.
- Contribute to the development of art critic and publications on contemporary African art and artists.
The prices of the Biennial of Dakar 2020 are:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- The “Grand Prix Léopold Sédar SENGHOR” sponsored by the President of the Republic of Senegal. It is awarded to the winner of the international Exhibition.
- Te Revelation Award offered by the Minister of Culture and Communication to one of the artists participating in the international Exhibition.
- The Organisation Internationale de la Francophonie (OIF) Award.
- The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) Award.
- The West African Monetary and Economic Union (UEMOA) Award
Dates and Contents
The Fourteenth edition of the Biennial of Dakar will take place on June 2020.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Main events are:
- The International Exhibition of African Artists and the Diaspora
- Invited countries ’exhibitions
- Scientific meetings
- Tribute exhibitions;
- Guest Solo Show
- Screenings of films on contemporary African art;
- Performances at the Village of the Biennial and in the city
- Environmental events on private initiatives “Manifestations OFF”
- The publications;
- Urban cultures; – performance, etc
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
The international Exhibition is open only to african artists and the Diaspora.
How to Apply
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
Applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Countries: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cape Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Cote d’Ivorie, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit http://biennaledakar.org/language/en/call-for-applications/