Deadline: 5 July 2020
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
- Performing and visual arts, including but not limited to all genres of music, dance, fashion, theater, literature, film, photography, and video.
- Fine arts, including but not limited to exhibitions of paintings, sculptures, photography, artifacts, cartoons, murals, graffiti, or other similar works.
- Innovative projects in such fields as culinary arts, sports (team and individual, traditional and extreme), urban planning, video and board game design, virtual reality, and others.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Empowering women, youth, and marginalized groups, including but not limited to veterans, persons with disabilities, and internally displaced persons.
- Advancing the rights of persons with disabilities.
- Encouraging the documentation of national memory and identity.
- Integrating marginalized groups into communities.
- Strengthening community cohesion and tolerance between, among others, religious, ethno-national, linguistic, and gender groups.
- Supporting Ukrainian civil society.
- Promoting innovation and entrepreneurship, particularly in the technology sector.
- Expanding cultural ties between Ukraine and the United States.
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $200,000
- Award Ceiling: $50,000
- Award Floor: $10,000
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Ukrainian and U.S. registered non-profit, non-governmental organizations are eligible to apply. Third country organizations and individuals are not eligible.
- All the projects should promote the U.S. culture in Ukraine or highlight American-Ukrainian collaboration in the chosen thematic field. Participation of American experts or artists is strongly encouraged. Collaborative, sustained projects that include educational elements are preferred, as are projects that target less frequently engaged regions of Ukraine.
The Embassy Public Diplomacy Grants Committee will use the following criteria to evaluate proposals received in response to this funding opportunity:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Program Goals and Objectives/Activities Plan: A clear overview of the program, as well as goals and objectives, should be indicated in the proposal. The Embassy Public Diplomacy Grants Committee will closely consider whether the overall objectives align with funding priorities and Mission goals in Ukraine. Applicants should describe what they propose to do and how they will do it. The proposed activities must directly relate to meeting proposed goals and objectives, and applicants should include information on how they will measure activities’ effectiveness. The Grants Committee will evaluate the activities planned in terms of their relevance to program goals and objectives, the feasibility of the proposed activities, their timeline for completion, and the program monitoring and evaluation plan.
- Program Monitoring and Evaluation Plan: Proposals should have a clear monitoring and evaluation plan to ensure proper implementation of the program. Projects should identify specific measurable objectives and include a plan for gathering data before and after the program to illustrate whether objectives were met.
- Organizational Capacity: Applications must include a clear description of the project management structure and previous experience with similar programs. Besides general organization information, this section must also identify the proposed management structure and staffing plan for the proposed program. Applicants must demonstrate the ability and commitment to complete the program.
- Project Outcome and Sustainability: Applicants should clearly their expected results and how their project will change their institution, field, community, and/or society. It is expected that projects will have a short-term outcome (result of the project itself) as well as a longer-term impact. Applicants are expected to articulate their vision for both short-term and longer-term outcomes, which should extend beyond the project period. If relevant, applicants should illustrate how their project will be sustainable without external funding. Applicants should not expect the U.S. Embassy to fund their projects on a continual basis.
- Budget: Costs should be reasonable and realistic in relation to the program activities. Applicants are encouraged to provide as much detail as possible so that the committee may determine the extent to which the request represents an efficient use of U.S. government resources. The budget should be consistent with the narrative description of the program and should reflect the applicant’s understanding of the allowable cost principles established by Title 2 CFR 200.306 (part 230) on cost principles for non-profit organizations.
- Cost Sharing: Cost sharing is encouraged; however, it is not a requirement of an application in response to this funding announcement.
How to Apply
Application form and budget spreadsheet must be submitted in English only by email at the address given on the website.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=322257