Deadline: 1 October 2019
The International Visegrad fund is inviting applications for its Visegrad+ Grants program to support projects which contribute to the democratization and transformation processes in selected countries and regions, especially non-EU member states in the Western Balkans and the Eastern Partnership countries.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
To apply for Visegrad+ Grants, applicant’s project must address one of the objectives of the grant program from one of seven focus areas eligible for funding.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Culture and Common Identity
- Increased awareness of cultural diversity and cross-border intercultural dialogue
- Increased awareness of common heritage, including history and contemporary art
- Increased promotion of common identity and heritage inside and outside of the V4 region
- Larger volume of common cultural productions reaching out to new audiences
- Education and Capacity Building
- Improved hard /soft skills for a better access to labor market, lifelong learning and internship programs
- Strengthened cooperation among educational institutions
- Increase in the volume of common formal, informal and non-formal educational tools and teacher training opportunities
- Increased sharing of best practices in the dialog among decision-making bodies, municipalities, schools and families
- Innovation, R&D, Entrepreneurship
- Increase in B2B networks with an emphasis on development of SMEs and start-ups
- Improved ecosystem for business and social business development at the regional level
- Development of regional networks/clusters of SMEs, academia, and research institutions with a long-lasting impact
- Increased science popularization on the regional level with emphasis on youth
- Increased promotion of joint V4 R&D projects outside of the V4 region
- (EaP) Launching or strengthening political, economic and social cooperation between cross-border regions in the spirit of micro-regional cooperation and enhancing connectivity. Improving living standards of cross-border regions, also exploiting possibilities provided by new technologies (digitalisation)
- Democratic Values and the Media
- Increased participation of citizens in the democratic system
- Increased awareness of transparency as a norm in society, professionalization of transparency of justice, fight against corruption
- Providing a safer environment and capacity-building for whistleblowers, fact-checkers, investigative journalists and other watchdogs
- Increased volume of media coverage in V4/Western Balkans/EaP region about regionally-relevant topics, increased access to information
- Improved media and information literacy for increased resilience towards biased reporting, disinformation and propaganda
- (WB) Regional cooperation and reconciliation in the WB region
- Public Policy and Institutional Partnership
- Increased awareness and active involvement of civil society in policy-making processes with emphasis on youth
- Increased capacity building of civil servants
- Creating new approaches to existing regional public challenges
- Creating common advocacy strategies addressing regional issues
- (EaP) Rule of law and good governance; building the necessary central and local administration system with the involvement of the civil society
- (WB) Migration, border control, fight against corruption and organised crime
- Regional Development, Environment and Tourism
- Increased number of town/municipality twinning initiatives
- Increased awareness, education and improve regional strategies on environmental protection, climate change and sustainable development
- Diversification of tourism by increasing the range and quality of regional products and services
- (EaP) Competitive economies and economic modernisation as the basis for stable and sustainable development, social welfare and integration to international markets. The role of education, research and innovation in realising these goals.
- (WB) Environment and sustainable development
- Social Development
- Promotion of tolerant and inclusive mindset in society, protection of minorities
- Deepened inter-generational understanding and dialogue
- Improved regional strategy and policy for demographic and other social and economic challenges
- Increased awareness and practice of a healthy and active lifestyle and reduction of substance abuse
∗(EaP) objectives apply only to projects to be implemented in Eastern Partnership countries.
∗∗(WB) objectives apply only to projects to be implemented in Western Balkans countries.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Projects must develop meaningful cooperation and ensure active involvement of at least 3 V4 countries and 1 entity from the EaP region or the Western Balkans countries at minimum regardless of the applicant
- Maximum duration of project implementation is 18 months
- Grants cover up to 100% of project budget with maximum 15% of the requested sum for overheads
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Consortium of organizations of which 3 or more are based in different Visegrad countries.
- All types of non-governmental, civil society organizations (CSOs); municipalities and local governments; schools, higher education institutions; research and scientific bodies and public institutions are eligible as lead partner (applicant) and partners in the consortia.
- Market actors, e.g.: private entrepreneurs, companies – especially innovation and startup-related actors – with a legal entity are also eligible, but only if their Visegrad project is of nonprofit character.
How to Apply
Interested Applicants can apply via given website.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://www.visegradfund.org/apply/grants/visegrad-plus-grants/?c=ready-to-apply