The Limerick City and County Council is pleased to announce an open call for the Limerick Theatre Bursary Awards Scheme.
- To grow Limerick’s cultural capacity by retaining and attracting creative practitioners to live and work in Limerick
- Support and develop the creativity of individual artists in Limerick by recognising the need to support the making and development of creative work, as well as its presentation and exhibition
The objectives of the award are to:
- Support build capacity within the theatre sector in Limerick and the Mid-West by recognising the need to support the making and development of creative work as well as its presentation
- Allow theatre practitioners the time and financial ability to work creatively and develop their ideas
- Encourage development of quality new work in their city and county and promotion of regional and national interest in Limerick’s theatre scene
- Encourage development of quality new work in the wider regional and national context
Three Bursaries, of up to €5,000 each, are available, funded by Limerick City and County Council.
- Applicants should be based in the Limerick administrative area, or have a strong association with/operate substantially within Limerick City and County and are able to demonstrate this in their application.
- It is open to artists at all stages in their professional careers.
- Persons in full time undergraduate and postgraduate level study are ineligible for funding.
- Applicants must be based in Limerick, or have a strong association with/ operate substantially within Limerick City and County and be able to demonstrate this.
For more information, visit https://www.limerick.ie/council/newsroom/public-notices/public-notice-funding-available-theatre-bursary-award-scheme-2022