Deadline: 1 June 2020
The Guangzhou International Award for Urban Innovation (abbreviated as the “Guangzhou Award” hereinafter) is discerned to innovative public policies, projects, business models and practices undertaken by cities and regions worldwide.
Its objective is to recognize the importance of public sector innovation and local leadership in promoting the sustainability of cities and regions and in advancing the prosperity and quality of life of their citizens.
The Guangzhou Award is co-sponsored by the City of Guangzhou of the People’s Republic of China, the United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG), and the World Association of the Major Metropolises (Metropolis).
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Starting from 2012, the Guangzhou Award will be organized biennially, producing up to 5 winners each cycle.
- Each Guangzhou Award winner will receive a cash prize of 20,000 US Dollars, making the total amount of cash prize 100,000 US Dollars.
- Medals of Honor will be discerned to the short-listed cities which are not among the winners.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- The Guangzhou Award is open to all city and regional governments around the world, including members of UCLG and Metropolis.
- The Guangzhou Award strictly abides by the principles of impartiality, equitability and openness, in an effort to ensure operational transparency and independence.
- The Guangzhou Award Organizing Committee is responsible for the organization and implementation of all affairs related to the award.
- The Guangzhou Award Secretariat, based in the City of Guangzhou of the People’s Republic of China, takes care of the assessment organization of the Award and the daily work involved.
The criteria that are applied to the Guangzhou Award assessment include: innovativeness, effectiveness, replicability/transferability, significance and relevance of the initiative to the Sustainable Development Goals and the New Urban Agenda.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/2vBZfHp