Deadline: 28 February 2018
Action For Nature (AFN), a non-profit organization, is currently inviting young people ages 8 to 16 for its International Young Eco-Hero Awards to recognize and reward the successful individual environmental initiatives.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
AFN encourages young people around the world to carry out individual environmental action projects with the belief that young people can have a positive impact on the environment and are vital in changing the way live on the planet.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Winners will receive:
- Public Recognition
- Cash Prizes
- Certificates for outstanding efforts to help protect and preserve the environment
- Just as importantly, winners will serve as role models for other young people by demonstrating that each individual can make a difference.
- The project concerns environmental health, advocacy, research or protection of the natural world.
- The project is action-based and self-initiated, and not one assigned by a teacher or other adult.
- The project is close to completion or was completed within the last year.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 8 and 16 on February 28th in the year of application.
- Science Fair and Scouting Badge projects will only be considered if they include environmental action, educational outreach to others or extended studies beyond the Science Fair and Scouting Badges.
- Projects related to domestic or confined animals, are not accepted.
- Previous winners, immediate relatives of AFN board members, active reading panel members, or judges, may not apply.
- Preference is given to projects of 2+ years and/or ongoing projects.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
The applications will be judged according to several criteria, including but not limited to:
- length of time devoted to the project
- influencing/educating others
- use of outside resources (e.g. library, experts, media, community leaders)
- degree of success in reaching goals
- the impact on the environment
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Interested applicants must fill the online application form via given website.
For more information, please visit Eco-Hero Awards.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.