Deadline: 28 February 2018
Action For Nature (AFN), a non-profit organization, is currently inviting young people ages 8 to 16 for its International Young Eco-Hero Awards to recognize and reward the successful individual environmental initiatives.
AFN encourages young people around the world to carry out individual environmental action projects with the belief that young people can have a positive impact on the environment and are vital in changing the way live on the planet.
- Winners will receive:
- Public Recognition
- Cash Prizes
- Certificates for outstanding efforts to help protect and preserve the environment
- Just as importantly, winners will serve as role models for other young people by demonstrating that each individual can make a difference.
- The project concerns environmental health, advocacy, research or protection of the natural world.
- The project is action-based and self-initiated, and not one assigned by a teacher or other adult.
- The project is close to completion or was completed within the last year.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 8 and 16 on February 28th in the year of application.
- Science Fair and Scouting Badge projects will only be considered if they include environmental action, educational outreach to others or extended studies beyond the Science Fair and Scouting Badges.
- Projects related to domestic or confined animals, are not accepted.
- Previous winners, immediate relatives of AFN board members, active reading panel members, or judges, may not apply.
- Preference is given to projects of 2+ years and/or ongoing projects.
The applications will be judged according to several criteria, including but not limited to:
- length of time devoted to the project
- influencing/educating others
- use of outside resources (e.g. library, experts, media, community leaders)
- degree of success in reaching goals
- the impact on the environment
How to Apply
Interested applicants must fill the online application form via given website.
For more information, please visit Eco-Hero Awards.