Deadline: 31 May 2019
Applications are open for the AFS Global Citizen Prize for Young Leaders. The prize is a new international award that will recognize one young person (up to age 30) for their commitment to improving the global community, and whose actions contribute to a more just, peaceful and accepting world.
This annual prize will be awarded to an individual who demonstrates a compelling approach to foster intercultural understanding.They are looking for an extraordinary person leading a project that brings together individuals and communities (representing different cultural ethnic,religious or other differences) to tackle one or more of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Single Prize shall be awarded to the Winner and shall consist of a cash award of ten thousand dollars (US$10,000.00) and participation in the 2019 AFS Global Conference (ARV of $2,500) as well as the AFS Global Award winners’ network (ARV of $2,500). The total ARV of the Prize is $15,000.
- Participation in the 2019 AFS Global Conference shall consist of travel (train or flight plus transfers), hotel, select meals and conference fees, all chosen and purchased directly by the Sponsor in Sponsor’s sole and exclusive discretion. To be eligible to receive this travel package, any Minor who is declared as the Winner may also be required to be accompanied by an adult.
- Participation in the AFS Global Award winners’ network shall consist of attendance of future AFS Global Conferences (travel, lodging and admission covered by the Sponsor) as invited by AFS.
- Winner may not assign or transfer the Prize to another person. No Prize substitution or cash alternative is allowed except at the sole discretion of Sponsor, who reserve the right to substitute a prize (or any portion thereof) of comparable or greater value, in its sole discretion. If the Prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of Sponsor, a substitute prize of equal or greater retail value may be awarded.
- The Winner will be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the Prize he or she receives. Expenses not stated are the sole responsibility of the Winner.
- The stated ARV of a Prize is based on available information provided to Sponsor and the value of the Prize awarded to the Winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. The Winner may be required to provide Sponsor with a valid social security number before the Prize will be awarded for tax reporting purposes. An IRS Form 1099 may be issued in the name of the Winner, for the actual value of the Prize received.
- Young people who are leading a project that brings together individuals and communities (representing different cultural, ethnic, religious or other differences) to tackle one or more of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) can be nominated.
- The AFS Global Citizen Prize for Young Leaders will be awarded to an individual who demonstrates a compelling approach to foster intercultural understanding.
- Young people are eligible for the prize if they are no older than 30 years old and are running a project that:
- Addresses a pressing global issue outlined in the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
- Makes impact on the local, national or international level.
- Engages with diversity as a key to success.
- Can be scaled up and extended.
- Leads to a more just and peaceful world.
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://afs.org/prize/
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.