Deadline: 30 June 2020
The Kuwait Foundation for the Advancement of Sciences (KFAS) is seeking applications for its 2020 Al-Sumait Prize “Education” to advance economic and social development, human resources development and infrastructure on the African continent.
- Improving people’s access to basic education, vocational & training programs and/or higher education.
- Improving literacy among all members of society.
- Decreasing the dependence of children’s education on the socio-economic status of their parents.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Prize is worth 1 Million US Dollars.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- The nominated candidates’ research work or projects and initiatives must be innovative and must have achieved high-impact in line with international standards for the prize.
- The submitted work must be of paramount importance in promoting significant economic, social, human resources and infrastructure development in the African continent within the announced field of the prize. Submitted research work of a nominated candidate should be composed of studies and applied research, published in peer-reviewed journals and recognized at a global level within the announced field. The research outcome needs to have been applied after publication in African countries within the past ten years. Adequate supporting evidence needs to be provided including collaboration with African and international NGOs and institutions.
- Nominations are to be accepted from institutions and scientific centers (universities, institutes, and centers of scientific research) as well as from competent regional or international and UN organizations and awards and former winners in the field of the prize or former evaluation members. Self nominations are not acceptable
- All submissions must be submitted in English. If the work is carried out in other working UN languages, a comprehensive summary of the nominated work in English must be submitted.
For more information, visit http://www.alsumaitprize.org/nominations/