Deadline: 30 May 2019
BBVA Foundation is inviting applicants for its Biophilia Award for Environmental Communication to recognize the work of professionals and organizations in any country that have contributed exceptionally to improving public understanding and awareness of ecological issues, through the dissemination of scientific knowledge and by opening up new perspectives on nature from any disciplinary angle.
- One annual award will be given comprising 100,000 euros, a diploma and a commemorative artwork.
- In the event that the award goes to a candidature comprising two or more persons, its monetary amount will be divided equally between them.
- The BBVA Foundation will deliver the award in full to the winner(s) at a public ceremony convened for this purpose. The prize money may be spent at awardees’ discretion.
- The award will be subject to the withholding and other taxes stipulated in current legislation, which will be deducted from its monetary amount.
- Natural or legal persons of any nationality engaging professionally in any facet of environmental communication.
- Joint entries will be accepted from two or more natural or legal persons that have made collaborative contributions in environmental dissemination and communication.
- Candidatures may be direct, submitted by the interested parties, or indirect, submitted by other natural or legal persons.
- The selection process will be in the charge of an evaluation committee formed by the Director of the BBVA Foundation or a person he appoints in his stead, and from six up to a maximum of ten members designated by the BBVA Foundation, comprising researchers, communicators, experts and professionals of acknowledged repute in the areas of nature protection and the environmental sciences.
- The committee will consider all the candidates meeting the requirements of these call conditions, and will arrive at its award decision by reference to the following evaluation criteria:
- Broad social impact and public recognition of the communication activity, preferably on a global or transnational scale.
- Innovation and originality of the communication activities, which may comprise the publication of articles, monographs, multimedia materials or books; the preparation, editing and presentation of reports and documentaries; the design and curatorship of exhibitions; and projects in any media channel (press, radio, television, film, documentaries or Internet).
- The technical quality of the formats used.
- The membership of the evaluation committee will be publicly disclosed following the award decision.
- The evaluation committee may declare the award vacant.
- The evaluation committee’s decision will not be open to appeal.
- No itemized or individual information will be provided on the submissions received or the deliberations of the evaluation committee.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.fbbva.es/en/premios/biophilia-award-for-environmental-communication-1st-edition/