Deadline: 1 February 2020
Nominations are now open for Institute of Institutional Education (IIE) Victor J. Goldberg Prize for Peace in the Middle East to recognize outstanding work being conducted jointly by two individuals, one Israeli Jew and one Arab Muslim, whether or not a citizen of Israel, working together to advance the cause of peace in the Middle East.
- Advance the cause of peace in the Middle East
- Reward those who are courageous and committed to work to overcome the religious, cultural, ethnic and political issues which divide the region
- Break down barriers of hate towards “the other”
- Recognize innovation
- Inspire others working at the grassroots level, and demonstrate that their efforts are worthy of wider recognition.
- IIE awards the Victor J. Goldberg Prize for Peace in the Middle East annually to honor outstanding work being conducted jointly by two individuals: one Israeli Jew, and one Arab Muslim whether or not a citizen of Israel, working together to advance the cause of peace in the Middle East.
- The two individuals whose work is judged to be most successful in bringing people together and meeting the goals of the Prize share a US$10,000 prize.
- The winners are selected by a prestigious international selection committee.
- Award ceremonies are generally held each June, along with public announcement of the winners to press and social media.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.iie.org/goldbergprize