Deadline: 30 November 2017
The World Water Council (WWC) is currently inviting applicants for its 2018 King Hassan II Great World Water Prize. Working towards creating global awareness and taking concrete measures to promote the cause of water is the underlying rationale behind the awarding of the prize.
Falling within the overarching framework of “Cooperation and solidarity in the fields of management and development of water resources”, this Sixth Edition of the Great Prize will reward the candidates making contributions around the specific theme of “Working towards greater solidarity and inclusion in order to ensure water security and climate justice.”
The Prize will be awarded for the sixth time during the 8th World Water Forum, which will take place in Brasilia, Brazil, on 18 March 2018.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- The Prize is awarded every three years on the occasion of the opening ceremony of the World Water Forum.
- During the Award Ceremony, a trophy and a certificate are awarded to the winner, thereby enjoying worldwide recognition and international exposure, along with a check of 100,000 USD.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- No preference will be given to the candidate’s nationality, sex, language, profession or religion.
- The Prize may be awarded to either an individual, a group of individuals, an institution or an organization recognized by the Jury members as having a major contribution in the furtherance of solidarity and inclusion towards greater water security and climate justice.
- The contribution may be scientific, economic, technical, environmental, social, institutional, cultural or political.
- The King Hassan II Great World Water Prize rewards the candidate’s excellency and distinguished achievements in the fields relating to the specific theme of the Prize.
- Such excellency can assume the form of either an enduring work or the performance of an outstanding one-off achievement.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Interested applicants must fill the online Nomination form through the given website.
For more information, please visit King Hassan II Great World Water Prize.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.