Deadline: 18 April 2020
The One Young World Politician of the Year Award was created to recognise the most promising young politicians between the ages of 18-35 from around the world. The winners are chosen based on the impact they are having in their home countries and how they have used their position to benefit young people specifically. It is the first global award recognising the work of young politicians and was launched to counter the low level of youth engagement in politics.
According to the Inter-Parliamentary Union, only 2% of parliamentarians globally are under the age of 30 and just 14% are under 40. The issue is exacerbated by policies in 73% of countries which restrict young people of voting age from running for office. Lack of representation raises the substantial risk of disconnecting an entire generation from their nations’ political processes.
This year Award will be presented to 5 winners at One Young World 2020 in Munich, which takes place from 14-17 of October.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
In addition to receiving the award:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Access to the entirety of the One Young World Summit 2020 in Munich
- Hotel accommodation on a private basis between 13 and 17 (inclusive) October 2020
- The cost of travel to and from Munich (flights in economy)
- Catering, which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
To be considered for the award, nominees must:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Be aged between 18 and 35 years old
- Hold/have held elected or appointed office at any political level (local, national or supranational)
- Have had a tangible and material impact on young people in their communities
- Have acted to highlight the importance of political participation as a way to effect positive change
For more information, visit https://www.oneyoungworld.com/politician-year-award-2020