Deadline: 31 October 2019
The sixth edition of the UNESCO-Hamdan bin Rashid Al-Maktoum Prize for Outstanding Practice and Performance in Enhancing the Effectiveness of Teachers has opened the call for nominations.
The prize is awarded every two years and it recognizes initiatives that contribute to improving educational practices around the world, with priority given to developing countries and to marginalized and disadvantaged communities.
The winners are selected by an International Jury composed of five distinguished professionals chosen for their high-level of knowledge and experience in teacher-related issues.
The Prize will be awarded for the sixth time at a ceremony that will take place during World Teachers’ Day celebrations at UNESCO Headquarters in Paris on 5 October 2020.
- The Prize amounts to US $300,000, which is equally divided between three winners whose projects aim at improving worldwide the performance and effectiveness of teachers.
- Candidates may be individuals representing institutions or organizations; international or national national or non-governmental organizations (NGOs); educational institutions and local / national / regional communities.
- Applications are not opened to individuals.
How to Apply
- Applications May be Submitted in two ways:
- A candidate `shall ask a nominating body to send icts applying to UNESCO;
- A nominating body may initiate the process of nominating a candidate and send the application to UNESCO.
- A candidate shall be nominated by no more than one nominating body.
- Applications must be written in English or in French only.
- Unsolicited applications are not taken into consideration / self-nominations cannot be considered.
For further information, please visit https://en.unesco.org/news/call-nominations-2019-2020-unesco-hamdan-prize-now-open