Deadline: 23 August 2019
Applicants are invited to apply for the TD Ready Challenge, which is an annual North American initiative that has up to ten $1 million (CAD) grants available to catalyze innovative solutions for a changing world. Recipients will be organizations that have impactful and measurable solutions that will help open doors for a more inclusive and sustainable tomorrow.
This new signature initiative, created and funded by TD, is a key component to delivering on the bank’s new corporate citizenship platform, The Ready Commitment.
The 2019 Problem Statement: Better Health
Research has shown a clear link between financial health and physical health. People with strong financial health experience less stress, access regular preventative healthcare, make healthier choices and take prescribed medication. People with strong physical health are able to work longer and are better equipped to deal with financial issues.
The 2019 TD Ready Challenge seeks to provide financial support to organizations that have designed innovative solutions to help improve access to early detection and intervention for diseases, with the goal of helping to increase equitable health outcomes for more people.
Up to 10 one-time (CAD) $1 million grants are available.
They will have a clear preference for programs that:
- Have proven success and where the grant will be used to scale out to additional communities or populations or are pilot projects with material evidence of viable success and scalability
- Have a clear evaluation and measurement process to track impact
- Demonstrate benefit for populations facing barriers to accessing care
- Focus on applied research that aims to solve specific health problems (versus basic/general research)
- Focus on funding initiatives that impact patient health directly, and not initiatives that aim to improve operational issues, such as optimizing staff levels, workforce management etc.
- Demonstrate impact that extends beyond a single organization through a knowledge mobilization strategy and intent
- Specifically, they are seeking to fund programs, grounded in clinical solutions, that focus on preventative efforts, such as screening, early detection and intervention innovations, aimed at reducing the onset, development and severity of chronic disease and other illnesses and satisfy any one or both of the following criteria:
- Aim to improve on existing healthcare practices and services to help reach underserved and remote populations (Canada) and/or low to moderate income populations (U.S)
- Utilize technologies to reach underserved and remote populations (Canada) and/or low to moderate income populations (U.S)
- Applicants must deal directly with people and provide benefits to people and communities.
- The following are eligible to apply:
- Canadian registered or incorporated charities and not-for-profits
- U.S. charitable, non-profit organizations as defined by section 501(c)(3) of the IRS tax code
The following are not eligible to apply:
- Elementary and secondary schools
- Religious organizations
- Sports teams and sporting events
- Individuals or individual pursuits/fundraising initiatives
- Recreational groups (lodges, fraternal clubs, self-improvement organizations, etc.)
- Conferences, trade shows, fairs
- Production of videos, DVD’s and television shows
- The TD Ready Challenge is not open to employees of TD
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.td.com/corporate-responsibility/ready-commitment/ready-challenge.jsp