Deadline: 23 August 2019
Applicants are invited to apply for the TD Ready Challenge, which is an annual North American initiative that has up to ten $1 million (CAD) grants available to catalyze innovative solutions for a changing world. Recipients will be organizations that have impactful and measurable solutions that will help open doors for a more inclusive and sustainable tomorrow.
This new signature initiative, created and funded by TD, is a key component to delivering on the bank’s new corporate citizenship platform, The Ready Commitment.
The 2019 Problem Statement: Better Health
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Research has shown a clear link between financial health and physical health. People with strong financial health experience less stress, access regular preventative healthcare, make healthier choices and take prescribed medication. People with strong physical health are able to work longer and are better equipped to deal with financial issues.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
The 2019 TD Ready Challenge seeks to provide financial support to organizations that have designed innovative solutions to help improve access to early detection and intervention for diseases, with the goal of helping to increase equitable health outcomes for more people.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Up to 10 one-time (CAD) $1 million grants are available.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
They will have a clear preference for programs that:
- Have proven success and where the grant will be used to scale out to additional communities or populations or are pilot projects with material evidence of viable success and scalability
- Have a clear evaluation and measurement process to track impact
- Demonstrate benefit for populations facing barriers to accessing care
- Focus on applied research that aims to solve specific health problems (versus basic/general research)
- Focus on funding initiatives that impact patient health directly, and not initiatives that aim to improve operational issues, such as optimizing staff levels, workforce management etc.
- Demonstrate impact that extends beyond a single organization through a knowledge mobilization strategy and intent
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
- Specifically, they are seeking to fund programs, grounded in clinical solutions, that focus on preventative efforts, such as screening, early detection and intervention innovations, aimed at reducing the onset, development and severity of chronic disease and other illnesses and satisfy any one or both of the following criteria:
- Aim to improve on existing healthcare practices and services to help reach underserved and remote populations (Canada) and/or low to moderate income populations (U.S)
- Utilize technologies to reach underserved and remote populations (Canada) and/or low to moderate income populations (U.S)
- Applicants must deal directly with people and provide benefits to people and communities.
- The following are eligible to apply:
- Canadian registered or incorporated charities and not-for-profits
- U.S. charitable, non-profit organizations as defined by section 501(c)(3) of the IRS tax code
The following are not eligible to apply:
- Elementary and secondary schools
- Religious organizations
- Sports teams and sporting events
- Individuals or individual pursuits/fundraising initiatives
- Recreational groups (lodges, fraternal clubs, self-improvement organizations, etc.)
- Conferences, trade shows, fairs
- Production of videos, DVD’s and television shows
- The TD Ready Challenge is not open to employees of TD
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
(Ad) Are you fed up of receiving non-relevant, non-useful and pointless funding alerts and updates in your email? Not anymore! With fundsforNGOs Premium, you can configure what type of funding updates you want to receive, select specific countries and areas of work and receive information only about them. Save your time by getting the most relevant and useful updates in your email. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://www.td.com/corporate-responsibility/ready-commitment/ready-challenge.jsp