Deadline: 31 October 2019
The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) is accepting nominations for the 2019 edition of the King Hamad Bin Isa Al-Khalifa Prize for the Use of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) in Education to recognize innovative approaches in leveraging new technologies to expand educational and lifelong learning opportunities for all, in line with the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and its Goal 4 on education.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The theme of the 2019 edition is the use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) to innovate education, teaching and learning.
Recent technological progress, including the proliferation of frontier technologies, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and advancements in neuroscience, opens a new horizon of possibilities for learning, teaching and the delivery and management of education. Keeping in with Sustainable Development Goal 4 on education, UNESCO is working with governments and other partners to explore the effective and ethical use of AI applications to reduce barriers to access education and optimize learning processes with a view to improve learning outcomes. It also aims to ensure that the deployment of AI in education does not exacerbate digital divides, and everybody can reap the benefit of new technological developments.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
In 2019, the Prize will award programmes and projects that use AI-powered solutions to:
- Enhance education: AI-enhanced education management information systems (EMIS); AI-powered delivery modes for large-scale education, trainings, and lifelong learning systems; (big) data-boosted education planning systems;
- Improve learning outcomes: use of AI, including in neuroscience, to enable personalized learning, support creation of collaborative environments, lifelong learning and new forms of learning; AI applications or solutions for subject-specific areas or interdisciplinary activities, or development of creativities; learning management systems (LMS) or other AI in education applications to analyze learning patterns in order to automate the optimization of learning processes; use of data, machine learning and other AI technique to inform the understanding of human learning, AI for learning assessments;
- Empower teachers: application of teacher-facing AI to release teachers’ non-teaching workload, augment teachers’ capabilities in teaching and coaching learning, and enable more creative teaching methodologies.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
An international Jury selects two best projects annually. Each prize winner receives US$ 25,000, a medal and a diploma during a ceremony at UNESCO Headquarters in Paris.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- National Commissions of the Member States of UNESCO and international non-governmental organizations maintaining official relations with UNESCO are invited to elicit, nominate and submit candidates for the Prize, thus contributing to a greater diversity of the projects.
- Individuals, institutions, non-governmental organizations or other entities that use AIpowered solutions to provide quality and inclusive education, learning and teaching.
The nominated projects/programmes should be ongoing for at least 6 months and meet the following criteria:
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
- Be relevant to the specific theme of the year;
- Be innovative, specifically in the application of AI;
- Demonstrate measurable positive and sustainable impact in the lives of the targeted beneficiaries;
- Provide evidence for potential replicability and scalability.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply online via the given website.
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://en.unesco.org/themes/ict-education/ict-education-prize