Deadline: 30 April 2020
If you are leading a results-driven project that is successfully addressing climate change, then apply for the United Nation’s Global Climate Action Award.
Spearheaded by UN Climate Change’s Momentum for Change initiative, the UN Global Climate Action Award shines a light on the most innovative, scalable and replicable examples of what people around the world are doing to tackle climate change.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The 2020 call for applications includes the following three areas of focus:
- Women for Results, recognizing the critical leadership and participation of women in addressing climate change;
- Financing for Climate Friendly Investment, recognizing successful financial innovations for climate change adaption and mitigation;
- Climate Neutral Now, recognizing efforts by individuals, companies and governments that are achieving real results in transitioning to climate neutrality.
Why should you apply?
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
If your project is selected as a winning activity under the Women for Results or Climate Neutral Now categories*, you will receive a wide range of benefits, including fully covered attendance to the UN Climate Change Conference in Glasgow, Scotland, in November 2020; access to policy makers and potential funders during the conference; public recognition by the UN Climate Change secretariat; public relations support and media training; marketing materials, including promotional videos; a dedicated page about your project on UN website; and professional photography.
*Winning projects under the Financing for Climate Friendly Investment category will need to be self-funded to the conference and provide their own video and photo materials.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
What benefits do UN Global Climate Action Award winners receive?
Award winners receive the following benefits package:
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Engagement with policy makers
- Recognition by the UNFCCC secretariat;
- Funded attendance to UN Climate Change Conference (apart from winners under the Financing for Climate Friendly investment category, which need to be self-funded to attend the Conference);
- Opportunities to present work to policy makers during the UN Climate Change Conference.
- Public relations support
- Concentrated media engagement effort prior to and during the UN Climate Change Conferences, including placement of opinion pieces and earned media;
- On-going digital campaign, including social media, email marketing and promotion on UN Climate Change website.
- Marketing support
- Promotional videos;
- Dedicated webpage on the UN Climate Change website;
- Interactive annual reports;
- Professional photography.
Your activity must meet the eligibility criteria for its respective area of focus. In order to meet the basic eligibility criteria, the activity must:
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
- Address climate change mitigation or adaptation;
- Be already implemented, or in the course of implementation;
- Be scalable and/or replicable with potential for long-term impact;
- Be innovative and/or demonstrate potential for long-term transformational change;
- Deliver verifiable social and environmental benefits;
- Not be registered or have intentions to register as a clean development mechanism (CDM) or joint implementation (JI) initiative in the next two years.
Organizations, communities, cities, businesses, universities, governments and others that are taking concrete action on climate change can apply to have their projects recognized by the UN Climate Change secretariat as a 2020 Lighthouse Activity.
Note: Each of the three areas of focus has its own criteria.
How to Apply
In order to access the application portal, you will need to create a user name and password. You can create log-in credentials via given website.
After you have created log-in credentials, you will be able to create a new application.
(Ad) Are you fed up of receiving non-relevant, non-useful and pointless funding alerts and updates in your email? Not anymore! With fundsforNGOs Premium, you can configure what type of funding updates you want to receive, select specific countries and areas of work and receive information only about them. Save your time by getting the most relevant and useful updates in your email. Learn more.
For more information, visit https://momentum.unfccc.int/