Deadline: 25 August 2019
Athens Photo World 2019, with the donation of Starvros Niarchos Foundation, organizes the annual Yannis Behrakis International Photojournalism Award for professional photojournalists.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
A new judging committee will be appointed every year, under the permanent chair of Elisavet Saridou Behrakis, according to the expressed wishes of Yannis Behrakis, Regarding the establishment of the award.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Athens Photo World will award a 15,000 € cash prize to a completed project of reportage or documentary photography, created within the last 3 years.
- Participation in the competition is free of charge;
- Participants must be professional photographers;
- The photographic project to be submitted for evaluation must have been carried out between January 2016 and August 2019;
- The photographic project submitted for evaluation should to be classified as a ‘reportage’ or ‘documentary’;
- Files are to be sent at 72dpi and 2000pixels on the large side, with captions, written in English, in the file info field;
- Participants must also send an accompanying text/story, not exceeding 250 words;
- The photographs must not have been subject to alterations or any kind of digital manipulation other than cropping and basic exposure, contrast and luminance correction;
- Submissions should be sent in a folder(.zip) with the photographer’s name and each file named with the photographer’s name and the file number e.g. Giorgos_Papadopoulos_01.jpeg;
- The finalists selected for the last round of judging will be required to produce the RAW image files as delivered by the camera;
- The nominated winner will be required to produce the uploaded images with the original file size (unless cropped) in 300 dpi;
- The winner will be required to produce evidence (identity or documents) of professional engagement;
- Participants must guarantee that they are the authors and copyright owners of the submitted photos;
- The participants give to the organizers of Athens Photo World the right to use one of their photographs for the promotion of the competition (website, media and social media) both during the current event and in future ones;
- The photos submitted to the contest remain the intellectual property of their creators. Athens Photo World will take all applicable measures to ensure that the photographs submitted to the contest are not to be used for any purpose other than the purposes of promotion by the organisation itself and its affiliates.
How to Apply
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information please visit https://www.apw.gr/en/yannis-behrakis-international-award-2/
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.