The Austrian Development Agency works to reduce poverty promote peace and protect the environment. Around 500 projects and programs and funds of over 100 million Euros are implemented in a year to improve the living conditions in developing countries.
ADA works together with partner countries, public institutions, civil society organizations and companies for sustainable development in Africa, Asia, Eastern and Southeastern Europe and the Caribbean.
Countries in Priority
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Poverty Reduction
- Education and Science
- Peacebuildling and Conflict prevention
- Governance and Human Rights
- Rural Development
- Private Sector Development
- Public Finance Management
- Environment and Natural Resources
- Water and Sanitation
In all programs and projects, special emphasis is placed on ensuring that women are involved on an equal footing.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Projects under national and regional strategies – in the priority countries and regions, the Austrian Development Cooperation supports governments in implementing national development plans and regional strategies.
- The Civil Society Unit International supports projects and programs of Austrian civil society organizations (CSO), which sustainably improve the living conditions and development prospects of the population in the partner countries.
- Development Communication and Education in Austria promotes projects of Austrian civil society organizations (CSO) to raise public awareness of development issues and global contexts.
- Business partnerships are promotions for companies from Austria or the European Economic Area (EEA), the long-term investment in developing countries and are actively committed to ensuring that improves the social, environmental and economic environment on the spot.
- Humanitarian action can be funded in specific crises and emergencies with funds from the Foreign Disaster Fund.
Eligible Projects and Programs
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Financing after the request principle are available for:
- Project and program activities in the ADC priority countries and key regions, for applicants established in Austria or abroad.
- Projects under national and regional strategies
- Project and program activities abroad and domestic to support civil society, exclusively for applicants established in Austria:
- Civil Society International
- Development Communication and Education in Austria
- Project and program activities abroad to support the economy, exclusively for applicants established in Austria:
- Business partnerships
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
As a FundsforNGOs Premium Member, you can download our full resource guide PDF on Bilateral Donors Worldwide. Not a Premium Member? Sign up and get access to hundreds of downloadable PDFs that will take you to the next level of fundraising. Donor database, sample proposals, calendar overview of latest grants, training videos, priority funding alerts, online sessions with fundraising experts and guaranteed participation in one live webinar. Sign up here!