The Austrian Development Agency works to reduce poverty promote peace and protect the environment. Around 500 projects and programs and funds of over 100 million Euros are implemented in a year to improve the living conditions in developing countries.
ADA works together with partner countries, public institutions, civil society organizations and companies for sustainable development in Africa, Asia, Eastern and Southeastern Europe and the Caribbean.
Countries in Priority
Bhutan, Albania, Kosovo, Moldova, Georgia, Armenia, Burkina Faso, Mozambique, Ethiopia, Uganda, Palestinian Territories
- Poverty Reduction
- Education and Science
- Peacebuildling and Conflict prevention
- Governance and Human Rights
- Rural Development
- Private Sector Development
- Public Finance Management
- Environment and Natural Resources
- Water and Sanitation
In all programs and projects, special emphasis is placed on ensuring that women are involved on an equal footing.
- Projects under national and regional strategies – in the priority countries and regions, the Austrian Development Cooperation supports governments in implementing national development plans and regional strategies.
- The Civil Society Unit International supports projects and programs of Austrian civil society organizations (CSO), which sustainably improve the living conditions and development prospects of the population in the partner countries.
- Development Communication and Education in Austria promotes projects of Austrian civil society organizations (CSO) to raise public awareness of development issues and global contexts.
- Business partnerships are promotions for companies from Austria or the European Economic Area (EEA), the long-term investment in developing countries and are actively committed to ensuring that improves the social, environmental and economic environment on the spot.
- Humanitarian action can be funded in specific crises and emergencies with funds from the Foreign Disaster Fund.
Eligible Projects and Programs
Financing after the request principle are available for:
- Project and program activities in the ADC priority countries and key regions, for applicants established in Austria or abroad.
- Projects under national and regional strategies
- Project and program activities abroad and domestic to support civil society, exclusively for applicants established in Austria:
- Civil Society International
- Development Communication and Education in Austria
- Project and program activities abroad to support the economy, exclusively for applicants established in Austria:
- Business partnerships
As a FundsforNGOs Premium Member, you can download our full resource guide PDF on Bilateral Donors Worldwide. Not a Premium Member? Sign up and get access to hundreds of downloadable PDFs that will take you to the next level of fundraising. Donor database, sample proposals, calendar overview of latest grants, training videos, priority funding alerts, online sessions with fundraising experts and guaranteed participation in one live webinar. Sign up here!