The Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland provides millions of people with a chance for a better life. It promotes the security and welfare of Finland and the Finns, and works for a secure and fair world.
Finland supports developing countries’ own development efforts by means of both political advocacy and financing.
Development Policy and Development Cooperation
Development policy is an important part of Finland’s foreign and security policy. Development cooperation is one means to implement the policy. Development cooperation provides millions of people with a chance for a better life.
Objectives of Finland’s development policy
- Promotion of gender equality
- Reduction of inequality
- Promotion of climate sustainability
- The stability of neighbouring areas, the EU as a security community and Finland’s international position
- External economic relations, sustainable development and the common challenges faced by humankind
- A modern and efficient Foreign Service
As a FundsforNGOs Premium Member, you can download our full resource guide PDF on Bilateral Donors Worldwide. Not a Premium Member? Sign up and get access to hundreds of downloadable PDFs that will take you to the next level of fundraising. Donor database, sample proposals, calendar overview of latest grants, training videos, priority funding alerts, online sessions with fundraising experts and guaranteed participation in one live webinar. Sign up here!