The Australian Sports Technologies Network (ASTN) Startup Accelerator Program is now open for applications to provide free guidance & advisory for suitable start-ups across Australia.
- Stadium, Venue & Event Operations
- Media, Broadcasting, Social Media and Fan Engagement
- Augmented, Virtual and Mixed Reality
- Esports & Fantasy
- Athlete Performance & Injury Prevention
- Wearable Sensors & Devices
- Medical, Wellness & Nutrition
- Sports Analytics, Coaching, Strength & Conditioning
- Apparel & Footwear, Equipment, Surfaces
Why should you apply?
- The ASTN has unmatched knowledge and expertise in the sportstech industry in Australia, and this is complimented by an extensive network/connections and entrepreneurship education both within Australia and overseas. It has represented sports tech companies and their interests for over 10 years.
- The program will help you to:
- Assist in developing an innovative business model, that is sound & prepares your company to scale
- Improve the market readiness of your company
- Accelerate your company’s time to market, and/or
- If your company already has a product and market, assist in your ongoing development and expansion within Australia and overseas
- It follows its main mission to ensure Australian sports tech companies are “Born Global”
- During the program you will receive:
- A dedicated advisor, and access to the broader ASTN export pool
- Up to approximately 40 hours of free advisory comprised of:
- 1-on-1 sessions with an experienced sports technology advisor, and/or
- a number of group workshops.
The advisory program is flexible to the needs of the start-up and may include a combination of:
- Development of a strategic action plan on what can be reasonably achieved over the advisory period
- Assistance in the validation of the market opportunity
- Application of the “Lean Launchpad” methodology as a tool to develop a minimal viable product
- Market research/intelligence gathering
- Access to ASTN’s training and educational material
- Validation of your technology product/service/platform/ hardware
- Introductions and meetings with aligned organizations in the sports tech ecosystem (as possible partners, customers, and service providers)
- Assistance in the preparation of pitch decks for investor presentations (investment ready)
- Facilitating presentations to VC and possible investors
If you are a sports technology start-up (means a technology-based business with high impact potential, that uses innovation and or addresses scalable markets, and your product/service / platform/hardware is driven by technology)
- Is a Sports Tech Business
- Has been established for at least 12 months
- Has a minimum of two (2) full-time equivalent team members in the business
- Is a company registered in Australia, and
- Is assessed by the ASTN as having established a scalable business model
For more information, visit ASTN.