The EU Global Diaspora Facility (EUDiF) is happy to welcome applications for the Capacity Development Lab (CDL) Program to equip diaspora organisations in Europe, partner countries and regional organisations with skills, tools and knowledge, empowering them to, ultimately, foster diaspora engagement.
Through the CDL, they work with diaspora organisations and networks based in the EU 27, Norway and Switzerland, public institutions and regional organisations to empower them with the skills, tools and knowledge they need to lead effective initiatives for the development in their countries of heritage.
Areas of Intervention
EUDiF focuses on capacity development in three key areas of intervention:
- Supporting partner countries in enabling diaspora engagement for development.
- Empowering diaspora organisations based in Europe.
- Fostering multi-stakeholder partnerships
EUDiF provides technical support to:
- Develop strategic documents and/or training tools
- Organise knowledge transfer events
- Conduct assessments, research and/or evaluations
- Provide know-how for visibility and communication activities
- Facilitate networking and partnerships
- Only public institutions from partner countries in Africa, Asia, Eastern and Southern Neighbourhoods, Latin America and the Caribbean, and the Pacific are eligible to apply.
- Organisations and networks must be based in Europe (in the EU 27, Switzerland and/or Norway) and represent diasporas from partner countries. Only not-for-profit diaspora organisations and networks are eligible to apply. Individual diaspora members are not eligible.
- Intergovernmental organisations composed by sovereign states in Africa, Asia, Eastern and Southern Neighbourhoods, Latin America and the Caribbean, and the Pacific whose membership is characterised by pertaining to a specific geographic, geopolitical, economic or other common trait. International organisations are not eligible.
For more information, visit https://diasporafordevelopment.eu/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/Guidelines_CDL_EN.pdf