The Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Ukraine , with the support of the UN Development Program in Ukraine and the German federal company Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit ( GIZ ) GmbH , is starting a project to support the geographical diversification of business in Ukraine on the basis of the Regional Chambers of Commerce and Industry . According to the results of the work of the first phase of the project on geographical diversification of business, it was decided to continue the work of the project
The project provides direct training to businesses, equipping them with the necessary tools to minimize war-related risks. The first round has already demonstrated measurable impact, enabling 18 Ukrainian enterprises to unlock new growth prospects and tap into broader consumer markets, thereby ensuring both local economic development and the continued provision of important consumer goods and services to communities impacted by war.
The project “Supporting inclusive economic development in Ukraine by coordinating the export strategy with regional development and the Central Development Fund” is financed by the German government and implemented by the German federal company Deutsche Gesellschaft f ü r Internationale Zusammenarbeit ( GIZ ) GmbH in cooperation with the United Nations Development Program ( UNDP ). in Ukraine .”
Goal of the Project
- Contribute to the geographical diversification of business (opening of branches, divisions in new regions of Ukraine for the company, relocation of existing business, including relocation from territories close to war zones) and its adaptation in new regions through the provision of appropriate consulting services.
- What will your business get for FREE from participating in the project?
- Initial diagnosis of requirements for the new location of your business;
- Consulting support regarding the choice of location for placing your business in the new territory;
- Consulting support regarding optimal logistics solutions for relocation, selection of transport, warehouse or logistics companies;
- Informational and legal support regarding rent/purchase of premises;
- Consulting support for the formation of a road map for geographical diversification of business (for example, opening branches);
- Consulting support for the formation of the budget for geographic diversification.
- Assistance in establishing contacts with local authorities and regulatory bodies (including tax, customs, etc.);
- Assistance in establishing contacts with the local business community (recommendation of potential buyers, suppliers, involvement in the local business community, participation in networking events);
- Consulting support in accessing international, national and local aid programs for war victims or displaced enterprises;
- Consulting support for the formation of a road map for adaptation.
- “The volume of consulting services , which you will receive for free , is estimated at 24-38 hours of work by professional experts , which corresponds to the market value of more than 30 thousand . hryvnias , and now you will receive all services for free with the support of the UN Development Program and GIZ .
Who Will Benefit From Participation In The Project?
- Business that plans geographic diversification (relocation or opening of branches/representative offices in new regions);
- Business that has already relocated from the war zone and has not yet completed adaptation to the new location.
- The project announces recruitment for micro, small and medium-sized enterprises from Donetsk , Zaporizhzhya , Kharkiv regions , which were affected by active hostilities and were forced to relocate or are considering the possibility of moving / expanding their business to Vinnytsia , Volyn , Lviv regions .
- The project will select 15 export-oriented businesses registered in the Donetsk, Zaporizhzhia, and Kharkiv regions.
- Selected businesses must belong to the following categories:
- Enterprises of any industry (including services and trade) that have experience in export activity (will have an additional advantage);
- Manufacturing enterprises and enterprises of B2B services that have export potential.
For more information, visit UNDP.