The International Council for Local Environmental Initiatives (ICLEI) has launched a call for applications for the Action Fund. The Action Fund is an effort led by ICLEI, with support from Google.org, to boost environmental projects in selected cities in Europe and Latin America.
Grants from the fund aim to support civil society organisations, academic institutions and non-profit research institutes, who are working on, or wish to develop environmental projects which use publicly available data – such as Google‘s Environmental Insights Explorer (EIE) – to drive environmental and climate action, increase energy efficiency and reduce CO2 emissions.
The call welcomes projects under the topic of environmental action and climate change mitigation, with an emphasis on the following fields: air quality, solar energy, sustainable buildings and sustainable mobility.
- Air quality
- Projects should support the management and improvement of local air quality, such as air pollution monitoring projects.
- Solar energy
- Projects should foster the use and development of solar energy on a local level, for example solar photovoltaic systems and solar thermal systems development.
- Sustainable Buildings
- Projects should reduce energy consumption and promote energy efficiency in public and private buildings.
- Sustainable mobility
- Projects should contribute to the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions from transport and to improvements in local transport systems.
- The Action Fund will grant up to 350,000 EUR per project, with money being allocated in installments.
ICLEI is looking for
- Projects which use environmental data to drive environmental and climate action, increase energy efficiency and reduce CO2 emissions.
- Projects that contribute to the local environmental and climate goals of the participating cities.
- Projects with a high level of innovation, that inspire others to replicate the project elsewhere in Europe.
- Civil society organisations, academic institutions, and non-profit research institutes in the following cities are invited to apply for the Action Fund:
- Other projects within the scope of environmental action and climate change mitigation can be considered for application. Projects should support pollution prevention, management, and control, or the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions on a local level, for example projects exploring the energy-water nexus projects or waste-management related emissions.
For more information, visit https://iclei-europe.org/funding-opportunities/action-fund