Deadline: 21 September 2016
Orange is currently inviting applications for its 6th edition of the 2016 Orange Social Venture Prize in order to reward entrepreneurs developing products or services that use ICT in an innovative way to meet the needs of people in Africa or the Middle East.
Orange’s main priorities are to improve connectivity, particularly in rural areas, and to introduce innovative mobile-based value-added services. To achieve this, the Group supports entrepreneurs, small and middle size firms, by facilitating access to finance, supporting structures for incubation and giving access to tools for digital development
- 1st prize: the payment of € 25,000 (twenty-five thousand euros).
- 2nd prize: the payment of an amount of € 15,000 (fifteen thousand euros)
- 3rd prize: the payment of an amount of € 10,000 (ten thousand euros).
- 4th Special Cultural Content prize: the payment of an amount of € 5,000 (five thousand euros).
- Anyone is eligible, as long as the initiatives can be measured in terms of their social impact and use ICT in innovative ways in sectors such as healthcare, agriculture, education and banking services.
- Entrepreneurs over the age of 21 and start-ups operating for less than three years can qualify for the Prize. There are no citizenship requirements.
- The projects must be implemented in one of the 19 countries in which Orange operates in Africa and the Middle East, and listed in the contest rules. The eligible countries are: Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Ivory Coast, Jordan, Liberia, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritius, Morocco, Niger, Senegal and Tunisia.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit Orange Social Venture Prize.