Deadline: 25 November 2016
The SEAMEO Secretariat and the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, Japan (MEXT) in cooperation with UNESCO Asia and Pacific Regional Bureau for Education are accepting applications for its 2016 SEAMEO-Japan Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) Award, with the theme of “Saving Energy”.
- To raise awareness of energy conservation integrated in education for the promotion of sustainable development in schools and communities in Southeast Asia and Japan.
- To promote and share initiatives and good practices that support sustainable development through the implementation of enerrgy conservation into teaching and learning practices and school programmes.
- To encourage schools to develop and improve current ESD practices in school activities and programmes.
- 1st Prize: USD$1,500 and A study tour to Japan for four days
- 2nd Prize: USD$1,000
- 3rd Prize: USD$500
- A Special Prize from the SEAMEO Secretariat for the best activity carried out in small schools of less than 250 students: US$D1, 000
All public and private kindergarten / elementary / secondary / vocational and technical schools in below mentioned Southeast Asian Countries are invited to submit information about programmes, projects and activities that are related to the theme of this year’s competition.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must download the Submission form via given website.
For more information, please visit 2016 SEAMEO-Japan ESD Award.