Deadline: 30 October 2017
Nestlé, in partnership with Ashoka is seeking applications for its 2018 Creating Shared Value (CSV) Prize with an aim to source, recognize and support leading innovations or programs in the areas of Water, Nutrition and Rural Development, that:
- Is beyond ‘proof of concept’ and has conducted a successful pilot
- Has the potential to grow on a broad-scale or replicate in a new community or context
- Has social or environmental impact, through either improving access to nutrition, improving rural development, or having a significant impact on water management or access to clean water.
- Shows strong financial sustainability and /or viable business model.
- All applicants receive: Application evaluation from the Ashoka and Nestle screening committee, as well as independent peers through the Ashoka Changemakers Feedback and Review process.
- Semi-finalists receive (50 top-tier applications under phase 1):
- Detailed Feedback from the expert Screening Committee
- Participation in an online CSV Prize Networking Group
- Finalists receive (retained applications under phase 2):
- All Finalists will receive a travel grant to attend the CSV Forum in Brazil in March 2018, where they will pitch their ideas to the Nestle Creating Shared Value Council
- Participation in an innovator Bootcamp with the opportunity to work with Ashoka and Nestle to refine their project proposals and pitches.
- Finalists will be featured through CSV Prize media activities.
- Winners receive:
- Up to CHF 400,000 cash prize
- A place on the Creating Shared Value Accelerator Programme
- The Nestlé Creating Shared Value Prize is open to applicants globally. Entities may reside in any country in the world, with impact in any country, so long as they benefit underserved parts of the community.
- Entities eligible for the CSV Prize are social, private or hybrid enterprises as well as non-governmental organisations (NGOs). Applications from local, grassroots organizations are preferred over applications from international, large-scale organizations.
- Teams of individuals, employees of Nestlé S.A., their parent companies, affiliates and subsidiaries, joint ventures, participating advertising and promotion agencies (and members of their immediate family, defined as parents, children, siblings and spouse, regardless of where they reside, and/or those living in the same household) are not eligible.
- The aforementioned employees (and members of their immediate family as defined in the paragraph before) will not be eligible neither if they participate through an organisation that they have founded or where they hold a major participation or management position
- Applications must be in English, French, Spanish, or Portuguese. Applications that are in any other language will not be considered. If successful, shortlisted applicants must supply further information in English only.
- Environmental impact
- Social impact
- Potential for scaling up and/or replication
- Programme financial viability
- Organisational Leadership
- Potential for Creating Shared Value
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit CSV Prize.