Deadline: 2 June 2016
The Global Youth Empowerment Fund is seeking applicants from young people for its Junior Chamber International Social Enterprise Contest 2016 with an aim to provide resources to youth-led initiatives that advance the Global Goals.
JCI members work to end extreme poverty, fight inequality and injustice, and fix climate change, as well as contribute to economic empowerment as a way to help people out of poverty.
- The grand prize winner will receive trade financing from kountable between US $25,000 – US $250,000 for his or her socially driven business.
- Each finalist will receive airfare, hotel and registration to the 2016 JCI Global Partnership Summit in New York City where the finalist will have the opportunity to present his or her business during a session at the Summit.
- Be a current JCI member or young person (ages 18 to 40) from one of the eight target countries(mentioned below)
- Be an established entrepreneur with an existing social enterprise and a track record of success
- Demonstrate how the business contributes to at least one of the 17 Global Goals for Sustainable Development as well as the need for trade financing
How to Apply
Applicants must apply online via given website.
Eligible Countries: Colombia, Estonia, India, Jordan, the Philippines, Senegal, Turkey, and Uruguay.
For more information, please visit Social Enterprise Contest.