Deadline: 31 December 2017
The Orskov Foundation is accepting applications for its Student Grant to help individual students with funding to cover training needs in lower middle income or low-income countries classified by the UN.
Preference will be given to support training aimed at sustainable land use problems with an emphasis on animal, plant and soil interactions, where it can be demonstrated that, in addition to contributing to knowledge, they will:
- have the potential to alleviate poverty and
- provide sustainable environmental benefits, including adaptation/mitigation to the impact of climate change. Training outwith these areas will not be funded.
The Trustees will only consider projects with a budget up to a maximum of £2,500.
- The student grants are only provided to help support costs of training at a university or similar organisation other than the university/college in which applicant’s are registered at the time of the application.
- Eligible students MUST be registered for graduate degrees and MUST be able to demonstrate that they have full support from the relevant university department/organisation that they are seeking training from.
What will not be Funded
- Applications from students registered at university in a country not classified by the UN as lower middle income, or low-income will NOT be funded.
- Applications seeking funding for equipment, or attendance at conferences, will NOT be funded.
- Applications seeking scholarships to cover the costs of complete Bachelor, Masters or Doctorate courses, or parts of Bachelor, Masters or Doctorate courses will NOT be funded
- Applications seeking funding to cover the costs of Bachelor, Masters or Doctorate research projects will NOT be funded
- Applications that cannot demonstrate the potential to alleviate poverty and/or provide sustainable environmental benefits will NOT be funded.
- Applications from students not studying degrees related to agriculture, land use or the environment will NOT be funded.
How to Apply
Eligible Applicants can apply via email at the address given on the website.
Eligible Countries: Armenia, Bolivia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, El Salvador, Georgia, Ghana, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Lesotho, Mauritania, Moldova, Morocco, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Philippines, São Tomé, and Principe, Senegal, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen, Rep. Zambia, Bangladesh, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, The Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Kenya, Kyrgyz Republic, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Niger, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zimbabwe
For more information, please visit Student Grant.