Deadline: 30 June 2017
Applications are open for the Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) Okayama Award 2017 with an aim to showcase good practices worldwide and to further advance ESD. Project integrates environmental, social, and economic dimensions of ESD.
The award conducted by Okayama City and ESD Okayama Award Steering Committee will reward outstanding ESD practices in local communities around the world to support the organizations carrying out ESD activities, and also showcase and promote ESD.
Project is expected to be developed and expanded in the future and it will bring positive influences to other communities as well. Project takes educational approaches such as interactive methods for problem-solving and promoting actions to shape a sustainable future. Project also leads to behavior change of individuals, including the transformation of values, attitudes and actions, and to the empowerment of local communities.
- The winner will receive of US $3,000.
- The Global Award will be given to up to two projects.
- Organizations based in any country, including Japan, implementing ESD activities in local communities are eligible to apply for the Global Award.
- Only one application per organization can be accepted.
- Projects which received the Global Award in the past are not eligible.
- The project should have already been running for at least two years at April 2017.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must download the application form via given website.
For more information, please visit ESD Okayama Award 2017.